NY state Tint Law.

sorry i dont have xxx,xxx amounts of money to pay for bs tickets, i get hassled enough by the police as is, im trying to have a somewhat legal car.

also…my caprice had 2.5% on the back windows :lol

(84)

Neither do I, twas a joke.

When I took my 92 Civic to Tint King, about 6-7 years ago, he said that anything darker than 70% on the fronts was illegal and I would have to sign a waiver. I have 50% on front and 5% on the rears. I also did NOT have a valid license when I did this, or I would have gone darker on the fronts.

I’m probably going to go for about 40-50% all around on my accord. There’s a lot of glass, so it gets really hot in there. Plus, it looks too light when its parked.

My friend has 50% on his C280, and it looks tits, and not very illegal.

I used to get pulled over for no front plate all the time even when I had the front plate mounted in the front of the car just not hanging off the very tip of the nose of the car.

Tint=gay

One thing I have learned is that cops are VERY happy to pull over the “younger import” crowd. Until the vette I owned nothing but imports and I would get upwards of 7+ non-moving violations a year, including exhaust, tint, no plate, etc etc.

I have had the vette for two years and have not been pulled over one single time for anything. I have no plate, my exhaust is louder than any car I have ever owned, and I have gone by cops doing well over the speed limit with not so much as a look.

most factory glass is already tinted 70-80% so technically there is no such thing as legal tint on the front windows. That law extends to all of the side windows as well. Read it carefully. SUVs, vans, trucks are under a different category.

they can fuck off with the fixed side windows because they don’t have any way to measure the light transmittance. At least not with most tint meters departments carry.

“sorry officer, the windows don’t roll down in the back, the switches are broken”

my switch for my drivers window IS broken! :lol

i got pulled over recently on 87 for my tints (going 64 in a 65 in the right lane, thank you v1). the nys trooper said i need a DMV tint compliance exemption sticker for the tints, and issued me a ticket until i get one. wack. i had a prescription also. btw, 15% front 5% rears

That’s funny because my tint is really dark on my M and I haven’t been bothered a single time.

I think it really depends on the car you drive. I’m so glad I’m in my M and not my Maxima anymore lol.

yep. never got a tint ticket in the bimmer coupe which had 15%. had the new car for about a month before getting a ticket

I got 4 tint tickets at once by a scotia town cunt bitch cop. One for each side window. Bitch pulled me over fucking lights blairing sirens on, over the loud speaker telling me to put my keys on the ground and hands out the window like id robbed the fucking bank. Proceded to go bonkers on me cause of my tint and that it was so so badly illegal. It was above 30% and in broad daylight she could easily see through, yet never mentioned the 1000% illegal windsheild strip tint line. Asshole.

NYS-compliant tint on a NYS-registered vehicle driven primarily in NYS ftw.