NY state Tint Law.

one important thing I saw no where in this post is to have the officer do it with the door open you get alittle more light and the machine sometime read a higher number…it worked for me twice on another car I had …just a tip…if not piss and moan and make him take it agian on a different window then run :runaway

Has anyone been pulled over for a 38% tint? That’s what I’m thinking of getting and I don’t feel like getting tickets for it and shit. Like if the cop has no reason to pull you over besides the tint (you’re driving normally, not weaving, not speeding, etc.), would you really get pulled over for a 38% tint?

LOL I call BS. Cop cars have tint so people cant look inside, civilian cars are NOT allowed to have tint because cops cant look inside.

probably not

I’ve had 35% on the evo for over 4 years and I’ve never had a problem

I bet they still talk on their cell phones while they drive.

They’re allowed to. The law states

When operating an authorized emergency vehicle in the performance of official duties.

Same here except…only 2 years. And a mustang…not an evo.

i personally witnessed a cop doing that a day or two ago

Okay cool. I think your two cars are a little bit more high-profile than my FWD sedan so I should be good haha.

ya they dont hassle ya too much i drove my bros 740 around cops before a few times and it has 30% on the side drive/pass windows

ya dont drive like a dick mainly, and secondly whenever you get pulled over, roll all the windows down. when you lessen the risks a cop has to take, the better off you are.

for instance, if he pulls you over and you have limo tint on all 4 corners, and just the driver side down 25 percent, you can be damned sure the cop is going to be cautious because he has no clue as to whats going on inside the vehicle, you could have a small militia back there for all he knows. when you roll down the windows before he even comes to the side of your car, your showing respect.

yep exactly and he wont be liek WOW the windows are dark as fuckk

I always thought the rear sides could be as dark as the back window confused

the back sides can be as dark as you want if its a two door car, same goes for any window that is not apart of a door.

According to the NY State Vehicle and Traffic Law under section 375-12, if you have a 1992 or later model year passenger car or station wagon, the side windows adjacent to AND behind the operators seat must have a light transmittance of SEVENTY PERCENT or greater. If you own a vehicle classified by the EPA as a truck or light truck ONLY the area BEHIND the operators seat may be tinted with a tint less than seventy percent. These types of vehicles include but are not limited to: SUVs, Mini Vans, Full size vans and Pick up trucks. All types of vehicles 1992 or later, the windows adjacent to the operators seat must have a light transmittance of seventy percent or greater. If your vehicle is older than a 1992 it must conform to a older V&T section which was a light transmittance of greater than thirty five percent. This section was first written in the 1985 era.
What is light transmittance? If clear glass has a light transmittance of 100 percent, than any type of tint or film that is placed on the glass to impede the outside light from transmitting through the glass to the inside would lessen the light transmittance. If half of the light from the outside is blocked by the tint then the light transmittance would be fifty percent.
Rear Windows: The rear most window can be tinted to any percentage IF the vehicle is equipped with side rear view mirrors on both sides.
Exemptions: There is a exemption for medical reasons. More information can be obtained at any DMV office.
How do the officers measure the tint? Some patrols carry a tint meter that accurately measures the light transmittance.
For more info check the our links page and go to the “Laws of NY State” page.

just some stuff I found from my local police dept

Good to know

That car was impounded. it was a drug dealers car and they took it.
haha that guy must be pissed.

if this is true my cutlass is getting tinted come spring :excited

Fuck the law.

+1 on that…20 on fronts and 5 in the back of the geo…its a 91 ftw…lol

and on the dubbin police charger…its a magnum first off…and its “sponsored” by albany dodge…has it plastered all over the back of the vehicle…