NYSpeed Watkins Glen (IRL) Showcase - July 4th, 5th & 6th 2008! *Now With TRACK TIME!

I’ll be there with the Lotus.

Probably not, i usually have a pretty decent sized gathering at my house for the 4th of july…i’d like to keep that tradition going.

I’ve planned on going to this for a while since it’s only about 45 minutes from me…would be cool if this pans out though. Are the tickets going to be general admission or reserved? Seating sucks at the The Glen and I don’t want to be stuck not being able to see anything.

most likely in. mostly for people watching.

If it pans out? lol, this is 100% happening. :slight_smile:

The tickets we’ll be including I’ve been told have access to an area where we’ll be able to view the track. You can see some of the track from where our showcase will be located.

With views of the jumbotrons?

I might be using a sick day or two.
serious.

MINGLE COME

thats how i do it !

Well it took some time, but everything is finalized! Registration is OPEN! :tup:

And after the response at Indy 500 last weekend, The Glen is going to be PACKED!

I’ve updated the first post with details. Those who don’t want to camp; we need to find a hotel ASAP! Any ideas? I was going to try stay at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel, but it won’t be open until August…

$200 per car, and the cars are staying in the showcase, yes?

What about additional cars for leaving the area with, for general exploration, runs to the store, to & from hotel, etc.?

So what is the camping area ? fo you bring our own tents ? and is it close to the car showcase, I’ll obv wont be bringing my car though, lol

We’re trying to make it so the cars don’t have to stay in the showcase the whole time. It would be better if they did, but some people might want to drive out at the end of the day or not stay the whole time. The guys at The Glen haven’t worked out a system for us yet, but we’re working on it.

I should be able to get tags for support vehicles as well, but in limited numbers. So if someone wanted to trailer a car up, we can get the trailer / truck in :tup:

Alright, time to start looking for a room. :tup:

Ah, and I need to get the car sprayed, else I won’t fit in. :redface:

You’ll need to bring your own tent to camp. The facility has showers, bathrooms etc. and is actually quite nice from what I’ve told. It’s right on the property of the track, but I don’t know if it’s inside or outside of the center of the track. Once we know how many people are interested in camping, I’ll negotiate us as close to the showcase area as possible.

:tup:

If anyone has a question of if we’re going to allow your car in, or if it meets the criteria, you can post up here or send me a PM.

And yes, Bikes are allowed!

god damn, $200 for a bike too?

we can fit 4 bikes in the space of a car…

It’s the price of the tickets and the tent. Space isn’t the premium. You can always sell your 2nd ticket to someone here on NYSpeed who wants to go but doesn’t have a car or bike to bring :tup:

^^
because the big cost is obviously for the size of the parking space. 4 realz?

I wanna go, I think my car is too plain though.