NYSpeed @ Winged Warrior Performance Challenge - May 11th, 12th 2007

I prolly wont be going to this but I have 2 tents that you can borrow

i’ll probably go. I’m trying to get the RB done for this. I still want to go to carlisle.

Bikes ARE allowed - they already have several who intend to go, and they also might setup a bike section.

Put my car down for one to pile shit in, Since its probably a rarity being a 4 door sedan.

yea, i almost died on that mountain trying to take a leak. everyone was stareing and i cant go when people are lookin. I had to go as high as possible.

Sweet, that makes 3 Lotusss if you decide to bring it. :tup:

justin is gonna be happy to hear this

If the Audi is on the road by then i’d be down for this

at least u didnt have a fuking bee attack your dick

Whaaaaa?

Who’s the 3rd?

I’ll be going to this, it should be a great time.

i still have a feeling this is going to suck… but i’m sure i’ll end up going. Not racing though. Racing is for losers.

Why’s that? :gotme:

i think it just seems like people are trying to decide between this and carlise. Even though they are at different times, it seems that people are going to do one or the other, and not both.

well yea, its alot of driving in a short period of time to do both… its possible but for most people its too much. i was always a fan of carlisle, but with them snubbing us on the pavillion, and with this event having actual racing, i’m willing to go check this one out this year instead

UPDATE - RULE CHANGES / CLARIFICATIONS

As you all may know (or not know), coming up with a set of rules for this street performance challenge came with a lot of work (and time spent at a local Hardee’s!). While we know it is difficult to please everyone all the time, we want to make this event the best Winged Warrior event yet…and help to grow this event to one of the premiere events in the nation.
With that said, a couple of rules have been discussed at length and have been edited/clarified.

The changes/clarifications:
1. Tire rules. These are unchanged with regard to points. However, the language of not allowing a single purpose tire has been removed. Our overall guide is going to be the existing treadwear guide. Someone asked about a specific tire (Nitto NT555R). After reviewing and discussing this particular tire, we determined that this tire actually falls within the rules we had laid out. We also determined that the language of the rules to be modified as to not confuse that this tire would not be allowed. In short, this “drag radial” has a 100 treadwear rating and is DOT approved. Our original stance of not allowing soft walled drag tires stands (0 treadwear or unpublished treadwear), as well as not allowing race slicks. Please look at the tire rules again to make sure you understand them.
If you still have a question about a specific tire you would like to use in Winged Warrior 3, please PM myself or someone on the Rules Committee…we will take a look at your request.

2. Interior gutting rule. This rule has remained closely to what was originally intended by the Rules Committee. We do not want removal of panels or seats to gut the car for track use (example: see any NASCAR or World Speed Challenge type car for what we discourage). We also want to see finished interiors, as this is a street car challenge. Yes we know you can gut your car and still drive it on the street, but that is outside of the Winged Warrior rules.
This is the revised language in the car appearance rules: (Full interior must be intact (OEM or aftermarket finished), no interior “gutting” allowed. If a rear seat or panel is removed, we ask that the exposed bare metal left from the seat or panel removal be covered with a finishing material (i.e. carpet, cloth, plastic, wood, or any other like material) that is secured. Non-compliance with this rule will result in heavy penalties in the racer car show portion of the challenge.)
Previous statements allowing only painting or using bedliner material to cover the exposed metal resulting from removal of panels does not in our eyes constitute a finished interior (apologies for the confusion). Again, if you still have a question about this, please PM myself or someone in the rules committee. Pictures sent to us via PM will also help us help you come up with a viable solution.

Some pictures for example.
UNFINISHED:

FINISHED:
http://www.1963pontiac.com/images/yourphotogallery/robinspar/int2.jpg

Sorry guys, that one is my fault :lol:

lol, that and I was asking about that tire “loop hole” we talked about when the thread first posted. They just worded the thing funny.

So there you go Jeeves!

i think i might come up from the philly area and meet mike (mpd47).

I repeat, who’s the 3rd Lotus?