O nO CoBaLt SqUiRtS!! Help

TVS > *.

Those numbers seem a bit high for the supercharger, but Maybe WTF do I know, GL

TVS is a twin screw. It should be capable of 400 whp with supporting mods.

Hmmm, thats cool, arent the M series eaton blowers a twin screw as well ?

Eaton does not make a twin screw. They have some new rotor design that’s suppose to be almost as efficient as a twin screw well keeping the Eaton style bottom end torque.

ahh ok

Edit: wonder what it sounds like LOL, I never did really like the sound of the M62 between the slobalts and the mini S an whatnot, kinda wimpy HaHa

Yup, don’t do it. Thats so much time and effort to get to 350 whp, and its still FWD. I’ve had two 400+ whp fwd cars now, and they both sucked after a few weeks. Its fun doing roll races, but it loses its novelty pretty quick.

If you like the car THAT MUCH, then maybe you can justify it, but that is so much to get so little.

Well i due like it alot, and i wanna go awd but i don’t have the money to buy and evo or sti or audi, that aren’t beat to shit already for a good price, correct me if im wrong which i usually am. theres nobdy that i kno of running the TVS or have a cobalt around here with that stepup i want to run, i just wanna have somethin that really nobdy has, and then again is a cobalt…OOOOH the irony

EVO, STI, audi, 3-Series BMW for Ex. are really not much more, some being the same or less that what you paid for your cobalt, I know what you mean about being beat, I’d personally never buy an evo or an STI for probably under 23K just to much risk IMO, but really you can find plenty of nice B6 A4s, acura TL’s, E46 3 series, hell even nice E46 M’s are can be had for under 25 now. theres plenty of other cars that can be had in the price range that you’ll be spending to have you cobalt, that I belive that you’d be MUCH more satisfied with, just saying, I know how much you guys love your cobalts, Why I’ll never understand :slight_smile:

I’m just speaking from experience, that power is great in a FWD car, but when you have to have slicks on your car, or not get traction in 3rd and 4th gear, its just not fun. Anytime I say this, I don’t promote going out and buying an evo, sti, or something similar because its “superior”. I am just warning against spending so much money on a FWD car, that will end up exactly like almost every FWD car in the area.

^agreed, theres little you can successfully do with it, It’ll understeer on a road course, and if you build it for street/strip it wont catch traction until 4th, thats just lame, not to mention all the money u put it it just to be disappointed ? not the way to go IMO

Its a fun car, and its definitely VERY modable, but I would not go that overboard with it, and spend that much $$, that is all I am saying.

I own a Cobalt and personally I wouldn’t go too crazy with the build. My car put down 314whp and 304wtq on a dynojet with the stock blower and of course other mods… it’s a very fun car to drive daily but as these guys have stated traction is killer especially on a supercharged car. My best runs to date are still only in the lower 13’s but I trap between 109-111mph.

From what I’ve seen thus far out of the TVS blowers I really just don’t think they are worth it on the LSJ engine. If you do enough supporting mods on a rebuilt LSJ you can pretty easily and safely put down 280+whp which makes for a very fun car IMO.

Just remember COOLING COOLING COOLING! :slight_smile:

For the money brand new, Hell No, that TVS ain’t worth it… unless of course you are out to blow some serious money and really want that extra power and cooler temps. I’m thinking about throwing a TVS on my 2.4 if i decide to stick with supercharging it. I’ve also though about going with a used STI or a used EVO. A BMW would be kinda nice to, but I want forced induction on my next car; BUT I also want to keep relatively good gas mileage when I’m not hammering on it. The cobalt SS/TC has proven to do just that.

yea i don’t what to do yet, i got to get the car back and running 1st, the TVS is i think 2300 or so brand new… but iam think about getting rid of it and getting the ss/tc and just reflashing the ECU

after months of research and waiting… heres the list, will be done by the end of april…

Diamond Forged Pistons (Stock CR)
Stock Rods
Stock Crank
New Cleavite Rod Bearings
Stock Sleeves
ARP Head Studs
Cometic HG
Stock Head
Balance Shaft Delete Kit
Have :60lbs injectors (flowmatched)
LS4 TB
OTTP Return Fuel Style System
NGK Step 1 or Step 2 plugs
Vulcan Log type manifold (38mm wastegate flange)
Tial 38mm wastegate
TurboSmart MBC dual stage
Turbo Timer
Synapse Synchronic BOV
Custom Airintake
Custom Dumptube
Custom Downpipe w/ Hi-Flo CAT w/ bung for Wideband
Garrett GT3071R
Hahn Intake Manifold
Hahn LSJ Charge Piping
Hahn 3" CAT back exhaust
Hahn FMIC
Excedy Hyper Single STG 3 clutch
DSS Stage 2 axels
Quaife LSD
G-Force KDW T2
TC Suspension with Eibach Sportlines
TTR Rear Sway Bar

Blank Rotoras with Hawk ceramic Pads
OTTP CNC Reverse Motor Mounts
Aeroceptor Scan Gauge Single
Mechanical Boost gauge
Oil Pressure Gauge
Innovate Wideband db-1
EGT Gauge
160* Low Temp Thermostat

Why a such a low temp tstat?

Sounds fun Justin :tup:

Once it’s done we’ll have to take a ride out with tubbs and steve lol

just for safer temps,

at what temp does the ecu go from warmup to closed loop operation?