O nO CoBaLt SqUiRtS!! Help

2.8" pulley and no cooling mods? Those are the absolute most important things on these cars. That’s exactly why it blew man… Anything beyond a stage 2 really needs added cooling mods like a dual pass IC, Front mount H/E, meth injection or a combo of all three like me :slight_smile: The IAT temps go through the roof on these cars and create the tendancy for detonation.

I am sure it needs more than a piston ring in #4, generally the rings are fine and the ring land on the piston breaks

ouch well i think it just might be covered under warrenty. and im pretty sure they will not be giving the block back to him. Also heat exchanger was the next step i was going to help him install lol

Custom single pass seems to be the best out there. I know only one guy has it right now, but its so worth it.

I’ve seen guys run the single pass and i’m sure it is even better than the dual. To be honest after doing my dual pass I saw minimal drops in my IAT’s… like not even 5 degrees over what I had before so I was a bit dissapointed at the results for the amount of work that was involved.

THIS IS JUSTIN, waiting on my account to get verified,

Cooling mods were my next step, also return fuel style system was next  and mayb meth
     where due you get this custom single pass from?

Thx for all the help and suggestions and any more information is appreciated!

This JUSTIN owner of the SS, this is my name just for clarification
Account just got verified

welcome aboard, sorry for your luck.

How long did you have the 2.8" pulley on the car for man? Cooling mods should definately be one of the first steps when moving down in pulley size. I’ve seen too many of these cars have issues as a result of no cooling mods and 150+ degree IAT temps.

As far as the single pass no one currently makes one you have to customize your current end plate and IC hose routing and also add the GM option B to the mix to give you added fluid to the system. The GM dual pass endplate is sold by a few companies but personally I’d recommend doing a second front mount H/E before worrying about the dual pass. If meth doesn’t scare you and you’re willing to run it on the car 100% of the time it is by far the best cooling mod you can do.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help man, always willing to help out :slight_smile:

If any one is interested I have two endplates that are already tapped. They look like they will fit no problem but they probably need to be test fitted and the fittings JB welded to prevent any leaks.

i got the tune with about 5k miles on the car and there is 11k now, i got caught up making the car fast and having the fast balt and iam still quite illiterate when talking and modifying cars im learning and the motor blowing is not exactly what i had in mind, and if i had the time and money i would tear it down and rebuild it… so when its “warrantied” ill keep it stock and when i get the time and money i will get a good build plan together and hopefully make it happen… but until then. :frowning: sslobalt

you really had all the above on the car when you had it brought to the dealer? And they warrantied it? What dealer do you go to?

^Yeah,… ummm… I don’t see a GM dealer covering that under warranty. They will try in every way to put the blame on you and your mods… But I guess you never know…

yea it was dropped off at the dealer that way i didn’t have time to take shit off, they took a look at it and said no way. cya. so im working on other approaches.

i completely stripped it last night returning to stock,most upset i ever been, no more power :frowning:

Like buying a new motor ?

part out? i’d be interested in some parts…I’ll give you $100 for the engine god dammit. I’ll pull it too :slight_smile:

:picard:thats like going to the police station with a bag of crack and an ak over your shoulder

LOL, I agree

This could be a good opportunity for him to rebuild the engine. There are plenty of people that will help you out there blownss.

lol, nice…

yea lol… I would love to tear the whole motor apart and rebuild the right way with
-harrop tvs 1320 charger swap, 80mm pulley
-stage 2 axles, excedy hyper single clutch,
-lsd,
-return fuel style,
-dual pass of single pass,

• CX Racing “Big” Heat Exchanger
  • JBP Suspension and Vortex Header
  • Hahn 3" exhuast
  • ported intake manifold
    -forged diamond pistons
  • cosmetic multi layer gasket…
    Goal 350 hp and 330 tq if possible :slight_smile:
    Any input on a build, suggestions, parts im missing, feel free to let me kno!