Official 06-07 Penguins Thread

Yep it’s cool and all to tie up Ottawa…but like you said the division lead would be better…or would it as it sits now the 2nd seed would play Tampa…and Tampa seems to own us.

Its gonna change alot in the next few weeks, teams are so close, cant wait for the playoffs! Seems like the pens havent been in them since I was in hs back in the 90s lol!

Things that kill me about the Pens:

1. Dump and chase.

2. Malkin, what are you doing?! Coming down the right with one hand on your stick cutting hard last min. toward the net, you will not get a shot off like that.

3. Get someone in front! They can’t score with 3 guys behind the goal line and both defense men at the blue line.

4. Don’t bunch up on a break! Being so close on one side of the ice is ridiculous. Watch all the other teams come down on us, they are spread out across the width of the ice, they have room to pass and cross, they make it look easy compared to our breaks. Pens are like watching little mites play, scrambling and falling trying to ram the puck down one side of the ice all the time. This ultimately results in…(see 1.)

dump/chase works well when you have a young fast team. aslong as everyone is skatin hard, there is no reason to not do it. especially when we have players who have decent board play. Malkins pass to Oullet the game before should be enough for you or anyone to stay off his jock for awhile, cause that was as perfect as it gets.

Well win tonight and tied for first, but will have played one more game… damn versus I cant even watch the game!

Didn’t get to SEE the game b/c of crappy versus…but listening to it it sure sounded like T-Bo kept us in it for as long as he could…and were just out played. Oh well…5 games in 7 days and we walked away with 4 wins…I’ll take it.

out shot like crazy and horrendous on the faceoffs. i think we are a tired team though w/ the way the schedule is. cant win them all, just gotta bounce back.

I didnt even listen to it, sucks they lost with like 30 seconds left… they always seem to play tight games with the rangers, time for a new streak!

T-bo played his ass off. it sucks that the rangers went ahead by Jagr just dummping the puck in front and hitting Scuderri’s stick and going in

ya. both of theiir goals were kinda strange deflections or whatever. like i said, aslong as we dont slide into a slump we’ll be fine. youre gonna lose them, aslong as we dont string too many losses together, its cool.

Well if they only win 4 or 5 games or less with otl’s they’ll be in no matter what. I think 5 wins now would gurantee a spot, but 3 may do it… but I want the division!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/powerranking

geah!

insane game…some sick ass goals being scored

http://www.pittsburghpenguins.com/multimedia/pplayer.php?rep=1985

sure was!

when I see the pens play like that it makes me think they could go far into the playoffs. Great game.

capitals next…Last year the hype was Crosby Vs Ovechkin…so far this year it is sort of malkin vs Ovechkin…I want it to switch to Laraque Vs Brashear…best fight ever…hahaha

One more thing…now Eaton is back we are A LOT better team…we dominate when he is healthy…lets hope he stays that way

Yep, Eaton helps soooo much with them keeping puck pocession. They are a much better team with him, just need him to stay healthy! I didnt know he was back, but heard his name during the game and was definetly happy to hear it! They need one more win I believe to lock up a playoff spot. They got some tough games coming up too, good tuner for the playoffs!

Great win tonight securing a first playoff berth since 2000-01!

Oh and Laraque > Brashear.

Now time to win the division!