OFFICIAL '07-'08 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

i agree and when Tim C. was up to plate he dinit look like he even tried. :uhh:

for the first time in weeks I was actually impressed with Vaneks efforts yesterady.

…and, You know damned well why he is being paid so much. Mgmt faux pas. :roll2:

Tim’s a piece of shit anyways, not to mention he can’t get off unless hes having anal sex, but we’ll save that for another day and another thread.

no one will ever be Gretzky again.

Just like there will never be another Michael Jordan.

Doesn’t mean that there won’t be players of that caliber.

You’re just jealous…

He is already streaming toward top rankings, and obviously has the potential to be “the nextone”, but we all know potential doesn’t mean a whole lot. Now, if all of the sudden the Pens are a contender year after year after year… :slight_smile:

I know right? I’m sick of him getting 3, 4 even 5 chances on one shift and he can’t even find the back of the net. I would have rather lost him this year and waited around next year to pick up a consistent 40 goal scorer for the same cash (if not less). We got spoiled last year with the team we had last year, because its going to take years to get back what we had. (Think 98-99 sabres and how long we waited to get back in the game)

Crosby will be the best hockey player to ever play. Gretzky said it himself. Plus he started living with Mario Lemieux a lot earlier than Gretzky did. :gay2:

lolz

This was so incredible. I met Costas and Gary Bettman. Bettman hinted at wanting more of these. A real landmark day for the town. And yes, it was storybook for the NHL.

Crosby did fight. It was Andrew Ference though. Hardly a heavyweight.

And here is Gretzky trying to fight.

lol key word “trying”

sorry not gonna agree with you on that one lol

please tell me your joking, crosby will never be like wayne, nobody will, EVER!

he will probably touch the same numbers.

ofcourse new nhl nets are bigger,

someone call me when crosby has a 200pt season

First things first, he’ll first have to be in the top 3 in scoring this year!!

right and he didnt set up the goal that we scored with a nice pass that he always does. and he dosent know how to break up the defence when we are on the power play to get a shot on net. nor is does he lead the team in assists or 3rd for points. what a piece of shit he is :bloated:

oh look the bandwagon is leaving u better go catch it

I think the word you really have to emphasize was TRYING.

have you ever even looked at gretzky’s stats? go look again and then think about what you just said. if crosby plays 20 years, he will have to AVERAGE 140 pts per season, to tie gretzky for career numbers. AVERAGE 140 pts, over 20 seasons. sorry not gonna happen.

ayne Douglas Gretzky, OC (born January 26, 1961 in Brantford, Ontario) is a retired Canadian-American professional ice hockey player who is currently part-owner and head coach of the Phoenix Coyotes.

Nicknamed “The Great One,” Gretzky was called “the greatest player of all time” in Total Hockey: The Official Encyclopedia of the NHL.[1]

He is generally regarded as the best player in history[2] and has been called “the greatest hockey player ever” by many sportswriters,[3][4] players,[5] and coaches.

He set 40 regular-season records, 15 playoff records, six All-Star records, won four Stanley Cups with the Edmonton Oilers, and won nine MVP awards and ten scoring titles.

He is the only player ever to total over 200 points in a season (a feat that he accomplished four times in his career).

In addition, he tallied over 100 points a season for 15 NHL seasons, 13 of them consecutively.

He is the only player to have his number, 99, officially retired by the National Hockey League for all teams – no player in the NHL will ever again wear the number 99.

No one will be better than Gretsky… maybe 2nd… but not the great one

:word:

Nothing pisses me off more in the NHL than how casually they throw around the moniker, “The Next Gretsky”. In my opinion until someone has a 200 point season his name shouldn’t even be mentioned. Drawing cartoons of him should result in protesting deaths across Canada the same way Muslims react to cartoons of Mohammed.