OFFICIAL '07-'08 BUFFALO SABRES SEASON THREAD

Miller needs to focus more on hockey and less on learning chinese :tdown:

Whats “less poke checking, more puck stopping” in chinese?

3 unassisted goals :frowning:

Make it 4

Can someone tell me what purpose Andrew Peters has in the NHL?

garbage

nope, cant tell you that one…

lets recap at the midway point in the season…

we have all of the following:

1. the highest paid player in the nhl that is on a 1/2ppg pace.
  2. an “all star goalie” that has pedestrian statistics and cant seem to make the key stop in the regular season this year.
  3. a tough guy that cant fight.
  4. a gm and managing partner that actually think our roster competes with ottawa’s roster.
  5. a gm and managing partner that expected this team to be competitive after losing 150 pts of scoring production and leadership from drury and briere.
  6. a team that has lost 5, going on 6 games in a row and is staring at last place in the conference.

for those of you people who think its too early to panic, i would say this: our offense is consistently inconsistent, our defense is spotty at best, and our goaltending is extremely average. couple that with our current spot in the standings, and you have cause for panic halfway through the season.

the only players that i feel have not let me down this year are campbell, spacek, roy, pominville, gaustad, and mair. maybe im leaving one or two out, but i doubt it.

and clarke macarther for scoring.

hmmm…clarke

how about another :tup:

well…if the PP has to start working…

hope it starts right now

maybe we can tie it up from a three goal deficit and then have them score 3 quick ones on us right afterwards??? :lolham:

would be nice to fight back…

LOL…i was thinking the same thing

i dont think ive seen another team pass it so much just trying to set up

because we jumped into a lengthy very expensive contract with a mediocre player… its going to take YEARS to get this team deep into the playoffs again.

just lose 30 straight…and get the first pick in the draft :stuck_out_tongue:

sigh…

i wonder what the ratio is of the # of shots the sabres take…to the amount of times the shot goes wide.

Oh, lets talk about Miller for a minute. How he bought a phone from my girlfriend and then proceeded to park his car outside the store and stare at her for 30 minutes…only to come back in and try to spit game on her. :ugh:

He needs to concentrate more on stopping the puck and less time concentrating on my girlfriend.

probably 50% of the shots they take arent on net.

thank you sabres for ruining the last two weeks of my life.

YES!!! 6 IN A ROW!!!

:bloated:

Awesome. At this rate Vanek is making $208,333.33 for every point he will score this season.

Lecavalier the leading scorer is only getting $56,451.61 for every point he scores.

That seems unfair. :lol:

Vanek didn’t ask for the contract he was offered.

With that being said, this team is teh suck.

I understand, however…maybe Darcy and the boys can take the simple formula I just equated and pay Vanek the appropriate sum of money (2.6 million dollars) and sign him for $50 million for 20 years. :tup: