Official 07-08 Penguins Thread

quite possibly

gay manfriends?

:bj:

just saw on the news naserdean(spelling) to waivers and chris la tang is coming up.

Yep…by noon he should clear…they better put Letang on the #1 PP line…we need a right handed shot soooo bad. They sent down Tyler Kennedy too, so that leaves one roster spot open. Colby beter play!!!

Should’ve never gotten rid of Ric Jackman.

Right handed shot, good on the Power Play. I still don’t understand the reasoning. He flourished here it seemed.

Or even Drake Berehowsky.

I agree…Jackman looked awesome at times…I remember he slumped for a little bit…but he did have a wicked shot…and was right handed. Now we have all lefties on the PP line and there are so many times they can’t rip a one-timer b/c they are left-handed. So many things can happen if you can get a clean shot on net.

it will def be nice to have the rt-handed shot back there. i think Letang will create soem opportunities from the point, which is good. kinda sucks that we really wont be gaining anything as far as play in our own end. Letang probably wont be cleanin ppl out from in front of the net. but i guess if hes atleast gettin a stick on a guy and not makin mistakes, thats a start.

man i forgot about ric jackman, he was good on a very shitty team

he had a good shot and was productive as an offensive-minded defenseman, but was terrible at times in our own end. i was sad to see him go, but ryan whitney is a better version of him (just fewer mistakes and a slower shot).

Yeah…he had that fast half slap shot…super fast release.

huge game tonight… big goal by laroque

Letang played well, I really liked how he played w/ Gonchar. We looked suprisingly well—Laraque scoring a goal was a great thing. Hopefully that will light a fire for other guys like Staal. Speaking of Staal he played like he had bricks tied to his skates, he didn’t capitalize on scoring oppurtunities. Sophmore slump?

nothing contributed more to the win of last nights game than Recchi being a scratch.

:bowrofl:

Good game…Crosby took Witt to school on that Laraque goal. Hopefully we can string together a few more…get closer to 1st place!!! And why was Colby scratched again???

Crosby looked awesoem tonight,as did MAF. it was cool to see Laraque bury that goal, but Crosbys play to get him the puck was insane aswell. i thought Letang looked good. he had some nice shots and moved the puck really well. i only saw 1 bad give-away in our end by him. Whitney had another really bad one too. hes sweet, but it seems like hes good for a critical, bone-head play in our end atleast once a game

yeah I saw tha whitney givaway at the end of the 3rd…I almost manshit my manpants.

Great game. Laraque stepped his game up last night for sure.

Going to tomorrow’s game. looking to do some drankin’ before the game, but I don’t know what bars are near the arena?

Tailgate ftw…haha

agreed. i don’t think he’s a horrible player… but how he makes the all-star ballot i’ll never really understand