Official 08-09 Penguins Thread

ya we got a draft pick for filewich to stl…

also looks like gaorik might get traded today b4 the roster freeze

2 yrs. for $2 mil.

fleury looked awesome on friday. some of his saves are rediculous. sabo needs to be limited to the painted area.

hopefully a win tomorrow will be 2 in a row since before fleury left.

wow pens look horrible! and how the f*ck decided to wear the blue uniforms vs a team that wears white and blue?

and comcast sux! first time i get to watch a game in weeks and both nhl tv and fsn hd dont work

fleury looks like dan!!

if it was sabo they would have pulled him after 3 goals! when r they going to pull him after 6? 8? 10? maybe… wtf???

if it were sabourin the first 3 goals would’ve been within the first 3 minutes. fleury had a bad night and they just couldn’t get it together, coupled with a couple non-calls the bounces just didn’t go our way. i think the officials need to be supervised, some of the shit is just uncalled for. i understand letting some stuff go for the sake of excitement, but a blatant slew foot, or the slew foot/ high stick combo on talbot right in front of the ref there is no excuse to let that go, they’re putting good players at risk.

if anything atleast look at this fact. it makes me smile

Tampa Bay Lighting
lost 12 of their last 13 games
15th place in the eastern conference
Malone is a -3 with 12 points.
good thing they signed him for 6yrs/36+million

The sad part is that Malone is on pace for his norm, about .5 points per game… Which still shocks me that TB threw that kinda money at him.

it’s because tampa is missing the biggest part of the formula, someone like gonchar to take shots from the point and have them bounce in off of malone.

whats sucks is we needed that win too. now we go into buffalo tomorrow and tb on tues. Which means we will lose tomorrow bc the pens lose every first game when they play back to back this yr…

He almost scored like that last night…

oh what ever, you neglect the fact that he made 35 saves in only 2 periods… yes 5 goals is not 90% or better but he was definately getting peppered getting the puck turned over in his own zone being screened by his own players and not getting any defensive support.

we do not have another game till monday.

we do not have another game till monday.

thats what i said we have a game mon against buffalo and tues against TB:stick:

for once, i agree with dan… horrible defense. i never thought i would be glad to see whitney coming back.

booo, no one ever agrees with dan!!

wooo going to game tonight! think malone will fight godard?

I’ll be there too. I wonder if people are going to cheer or boo Malone…I know I will be cheering.

That fantasy site for the pens is up www.extraattacker.com go check it out.

pretty cool.

^ neato, I watch nhl network all day at work sadly enough. I just cant get enough of fleury,huet and gerber.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4Y_L6gg2eQ”]YouTube - Contraversial high-stick OT goal by Sidney Crosby[/ame]

high stick!!

haha, o well… we need the two points.

I thought it might have been a high stick too but fuck it I’ll take it!

wow horrible game, nothing like having only 14 shots, and getting shut out by the worst team in the nhl… refs were horrible too

Yeah it was pretty bad…it seemed like the first period we were going to dominate…but it never happened. So what happened with Geno and Malone? I was at the game and it seemed kinda crazy…like maybe Malone was kinda joking aroung and Geno wanted no parts of it. Did they say anything on the telecast?