Official 08-09 Penguins Thread

Why is everyone so concerned about finding a winger for Sid? Maybe Sid should curve his blade and learn how to score a goal.

/puts on flamesuit :smiley:

I cant believe I am going to say thisā€¦ but for once I completely 100% agree with youā€¦ im so tired of watching him pass everything off when he has a open lane to the net, its not like he has a bad shot

where is this Sid?

[ame=ā€œhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVMMVgF4oqo&feature=relatedā€]YouTube - Sidney Crosbyā€™s Wicked Backhanded Goal vs Rangers (Jan 28th 2009)[/ame]

lol. heā€™s third in the league in scoringā€¦ ball busters.

i agree thoughā€¦ he could shoot more.

beastmodeā€¦he curves that blade and you can say goodbye to goals like that. lol

btw. in my post above, i was focusing on the negative, of course. as a whole, i think we are deeper as a team right now than we were at the start of the season, which is good, but i just question some of what was done so far.

Okā€¦ I guess not 100% agree lol, we definitely dont want to take away his back hand skills. But I think he needs to pull the damn trigger more, I am not taking anything away from his passing abilities, just seems like when he puts a shot on netā€¦ shit happens

Ijust want him to pass AO in points and also start celebrating like him too lol.

Ok so we put satan on waivers so Guerin is playing but does is Adams playing tonight? last I looked I didnā€™t see any lines. Iā€™m flying right now and can"t get the pens website to load on my phone.

Also we really havenā€™t talked about fedtenko is he really a better player then satan, I thought we signed them at the same price, why not put him on waivers instead? Discussā€¦

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Ass

You got to remember about Shero too is that he had a verbal agreement with Hossa. He offered him more money than Detroit and a longer term contract. Hossa kind of strung him along and by the time he realized Hossa was probably not going to stay wingers that he may have had an interest in (like Huselius from Calgary that went to Columbus or a couple others) had already made a decision and signed somewhere. So while some of the blame absolutely lies with Shero for not having a 2nd option, some of it lies on Hossa for giving him his word and then reneging on that

i agree 100%

i wasnt throwin him completely under the bus, i was just pointing out the things that i questioned so far, on his part. at the end of the day, our top 6 is stronger right now than it was at the beginning of the year, we have more overall grit, a better backup goalie and maybe a bit more depth, so im not sayin we are sitting terrible. i like how we are playin good hockey right now at the right time of year, goin into the playoffs. lets hope it continues.

well we keep winning but so does the other teams we need to loseā€¦ hopefully tomorrow we help beat the panthers and we can gain a lil ground in the standingsā€¦

as for Guerinā€¦ nice moveā€¦ but he keeps missing the break out pass, atleast he did 3 times against the panthers last timeā€¦ yesterday i really didnt get to see the game i had to work but i saw his move and it was nice. hope he can keep up the good playā€¦

i know kunitz is playing well with sid but id like to see him with staalā€¦ and move TK to malkins lineā€¦

So you you would rather have a good winger for Staal than have a good winger with Sid??? I would much prefer to have the better players playing with Sid than a bum like Staal.

Staal is here for the rest of the season my manā€¦ might as well utilize him whether you like him or notā€¦ Kunitz and Staal played good together while Sid was outā€¦ I dont think it gives us as much depth but it centers our fire power more to the first 2 lines, I dont see the point in paying a guy $4mil/year to sit on the 3rd line. Thats not to take anything away from Kunitz and Sid together though.

In the end all that matter is we are winning hockey games whether Kunitz is with Sid or (despite whether you like it or not) Staal.

you cant put Kunitz on the 3rd line. we brought those two guys in to play top 6, so they will remain there, i would think. heā€™ll play with Staal on the occasions that Geno moves up to play with Sid and Guerin and then the 2nd line would be Staal at center with Kunitz and Sykora (when healthy) on the 2nd. they did it a couple times yesterday.

damn itā€™s a close race for a playoff spot. i think weā€™ll make the post season

i just feel kunitz was playing good with staal thats itā€¦ yes i know we brought him in for sid, but he was doing well with staal. I just like to see them do well

for sure. i dont disagree with what you are saying at all, but i just feel like with the way the team is structured right now, you will only see Kunitz with staal when sid and geno are together on line 1 and then kunitz will play wing for staal on the number 2 line. like i said, they did it a bit yesterday, so atleast Bylsma is showing that he recognises that those two play well together. so when we do decide to roll sid and geno togther, staal and kunitz is a pretty good 2nd line to roll, in key situations.

:bigok:

No noā€¦ thats not what I meantā€¦ i was refering to stacking the top 2 lines.

Sid/Geno/Guerin
Staal/Sykora/Kunitz

like you were saying they did yesterday