OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

Any word on Paille? He limped off and went right to the dressing room.

[quote=“BuickGN,post:2755,topic:25170"”]

games in hidef tonight

looks great

[/quote]

Thought you had Dish Network?

directv

DN doesnt carry YES, ive had dtv for years now.

[quote=“JayS,post:2761,topic:25170"”]

[/quote]

broken finger

[quote=“IntegLS94,post:2764,topic:25170"”]

broken finger

[/quote]

Well tell him too fucking bad. If he wanted to ride the pine he should have broken it 2 months ago. Tape it to a non broken finger and play. :slight_smile:

[quote=“TonyDanza,post:2758,topic:25170"”]

Campbell fights and Peters scores. What the hell is going on?

[/quote]

:lol:

[quote=“JayS,post:2761,topic:25170"”]

[/quote]

broken finger, out a couple weeks

ugh, this injury shit NEVER ends…

word wtf. but i guess id rather have everyone get banged up NOW instead of come playoff time. that is assuming we can stay healthy come playoff time :uhh: :pleasegoddonthurtusthen:

[quote=“JDMR2,post:2767,topic:25170"”]

broken finger, out a couple weeks

ugh, this injury shit NEVER ends…

[/quote]

seriously thats like 5 games in a row with injuries… Fortunately none of them are keeping them out of the playoffs, except for goose…

http://www.sabres.com/newsarchive.cfm?id=898

pat kaleta, who i played with for the west seneca wings a couple years back is playing for the sabres tomorrow night, replacing paille!

this guy was never big, but could fucking hit like you wouldnt believe. i used to fear going to practice with this guy. it was not uncommon that he’d knock someone out. on top of that he had amazing hands. scored almost every game. he was actually pretty quiet too.

i remember this one tournament in detroit we had. the other team outsized us by almost a ft in average, and they were really good to boot. they were HUGE. i remember we put kaleta, and two of our other big hitters out on the first shift just to send a message. it sent chills through my body seeing our small guys absolutely laying out these big motherfuckers. it was unreal

anyways, im pretty pumped. i cant wait to watch this game! hopefully they keep him on and he makes an impact

:tup: sounds like a good guy to have tomm agains the fuckin sens

i went to highschool with kaleta at st. francis. he left shophomore or junior year to go play in the OHL. i think at that point we figured he had a future in hockey… i didnt think hed actually make it to the nhl though. huge :tup:

aaron miller and kaleta representing st francis

lol

i graduated with aaron, obviously hes alot older than kaleta.

5-11, from buffalo, and hits everything that moves… :tup:

[quote=“BuickGN,post:2773,topic:25170"”]

aaron miller and kaleta representing st francis

lol

i graduated with aaron, obviously hes alot older than kaleta.

[/quote]

Don’t forget about Lee Stempniak, he went to school there too.

He won’t do much for the Sabres offense wise so I definitely forsee him trying to rough somebody up. Hopefully he doesn’t get the shit kicked out of him by Chris Neil

man they really are getting to the botto of the barrel with guys.

Its good to see these young guys come out there and play their hearts out, but its a really really deja vu bad dream to see all these injurys piling up.

well all (besides gaustad) of our guys are supposed to return right around playoff time. conolly is supposed to be the first one back if i understand correctly.

i think you will be surprised at what he has to offer. and as far as getting roughed up, any of you who have played ice hockey know that hitting is NOT about size, it’s about knowing how to square somebody up. he will not have a problem with big hitters, i can assure you

Word, kid’s from Angola. :tup:

I watched Kaleta play a few times in Rochester and all I can say he is a very intense player. He was hitting everyone on the ice.

If I remember correctly, Lindy Ruff asked him in the pre-season to take it easy on his players because he was hitting everyone in sight.

Maybe wearing #36, he can bring some memories back on another player that wore #36:headbang:

Well here is a little player profile on Kaleta I found

History

Raised 20 minutes south of Buffalo in Angola, New York, Patrick Kaleta was born a Sabres fan, and is now himself a potential future Sabre. Continuing the trend of acquiring hard-nosed, two-way players via the draft, Buffalo selected the Peterborough Petes grinding winger with their sixth round pick (176th overall) in the 2004 Draft. At 6’0, 200 pounds, early comparisons are being made to former Sabres agitators Vaclav Varada, Matthew Barnaby, and his idol and reason for wearing jersey number 27, Michael Peca.

Kaleta honed his skills as a scoring forward for St. Francis High School of the Western New York Varsity Ice Hockey Federation before entertaining the challenging rigors of Canadian junior hockey. The Petes, intrigued with his play at a prospects tournament in Toronto in 2001-2002, selected Kaleta in that year’s priority draft. He morphed into a fearless checker during his first season of OHL play, earning accolades from scouts and opposing coaches for his gritty, rambunctious style of play. Scoring 16 points in 67 games, Kaleta was the Petes nominee for the Emms Family Award, given to the top first-year player in the OHL. In his second season in Peterborough, “Kruch Kaleta” perpetuated his physical leadership while adding some offensive flare in the season’s second half. He scored 10 of his 14 goals in a ten game stretch in January and February, on way to finishing the season with 28 points. Early in the season, the natural leader tried to do too much for his team, and in turn got away from what had made him successful the previous year. Returning to form as a solid forechecking presence relieved some of the pressure he had placed upon himself, and allowed him to excel as the hard working energy player everyone sees him as being. Noted by Coach Rick Allain as the Petes’ emotional leader, Kaleta was rated the second best body checker, and second hardest worker in the 2003-2004 Eastern Conference Coach’s Poll. Also an excellent student, he was the Petes 2003-2004 nominee for the Bobby Smith Trophy, awarded to the player who best combines high standards of play with academic excellence. Central Scouting rated the mucker as the 161st ranked North American skater entering the 2004 Draft.

Talent Analysis

Kaleta, a self-described “crash and banger”, is widely considered one of the most feared hitters in the OHL. His best work is done along the boards, in the corners, and as a leader on and off the ice. Kaleta is at his best when he plays within himself by settling into his intense, physical mode of play. Not considered an enforcer type by any means, he will drop the gloves on occasion to charge up his teammates when necessary. Plain and simple, Kaleta is a hard hitting checker whose game is marked by 60 minutes of solid effort. For the time being, his raw offensive skills aren’t of NHL caliber, and should benefit from two more seasons of development in the “O”.

Future

Kaleta signed a three-year entry-level deal with the Sabres on 6/1/06. The local boy made a big splash with his hitting ability at Sabres camp in the fall of 2005, and will probably take a few names this fall before punching his ticket to Rochester (AHL) for the 2006-07 season.

[quote=“cooter,post:2779,topic:25170"”]

Talent Analysis

Kaleta, a self-described “crash and banger”, is widely considered one of the most feared hitters in the OHL.

[/quote]

<— and this guy had to do checking drills against the guy in practice. scared the shit outa me, i wont lie.