OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:4359,topic:25170"”]

http://www.daymented.com/2004/0504_hockey.jpg

Yeah. That looks like a guy who’s going to have all the answers…

[/quote]

:lol: :biglaugh: :rofl: :lolsign: :lol: :biglaugh: :rofl: :lolsign: :lol: :biglaugh: :rofl: :lolsign:

Okay, when did I say DiPietro isn’t a good goaltender?

Oh, that’s right. I didn’t.

I simply said he isn’t as amazing as some of you make him out to be. He’s solid, but he is in no way a goaltending god.

The Islanders have played solid defensively by clogging up the middle and that has cut down on one-timers and they haven’t gotten DiPietro moving side to side. Majority of his saves have been direct shots that he has had a clear line of sight to.

I respect DiPietro as a 'tender, but some of you guys need to get off his sack. He’s certainly no Brodeur or Roy (as I’ve heard some try to say).

All that behind us now, I need to see a 60 minute effort from the Sabres tomorrow nite before I’m willing to feel comfortable. The first half of last nights game was completely unacceptable.

My comment on Spacek last nite…

He’s making $3,225,000 this year. His play has NOT been up to par with that amount. He needs to start becoming an impact player in the playoffs.

[quote=“Pass McGrass,post:4359,topic:25170"”]

http://www.daymented.com/2004/0504_hockey.jpg

Yeah. That looks like a guy who’s going to have all the answers…

[/quote]

:biglaugh:

:nite:

Spacek has been a solid on D, I don’t know what game you are watching but he doesn’t make mistakes, digs the puck out of his own corners and all in all keeps the scoring chances down when he is out there. I don’t know if you are looking for more offensive production out of him or something , but there are already 12 other guys on the ice that are more than capable of doing that.

He was signed with the knowledge of his shot and offensive talent.

There are MANY other defensemen that for $3M a year would be much better defensively.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:4365,topic:25170"”]

There are MANY other defensemen that for $3M a year would be much better defensively.

[/quote]

very well put hes no where near worth the 3.25 mill he makes a season.

[quote=“Bigairskier1580,post:4365,topic:25170"”]

[/quote]

yep, he did get signed cause of his offense, i think its lindy’s fault that he’s not being used where he should be…

and

DIPIETRO FOR GOD 2007!!

all i know is they (Sabres) better have a huge game tonight. They have to put it away.

:word: +1

I also love how ppl expect buffalo to blow out the islanders in the playoffs. thats laughable.

Its playoff hockey. The only reason we did so well in game 1 is that dipietro wasnt in net. It would be like us going into the playoffs with conklin in net. we would lose.

Wake up, this is playoff hockey. ur not gonna see blow-outs anymore. we have to play our hardest at all times in order to make it through.

That being said. LETS GO SABRES!!!

GO SABRES…huge game tonight, we need to play a full 60 minutes, not 1 and a half periods worth.

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:4370,topic:25170"”]

ur not gonna see blow-outs anymore.

[/quote]

tell that to atlanta :slight_smile:

[quote=“bladez,post:4371,topic:25170"”]

GO SABRES…huge game tonight, we need to play a full 60 minutes, not 1 and a half periods worth.

tell that to atlanta :slight_smile:

[/quote]

lol. theyre just not a playoff team. The rangers are a well developed team that know how to play playoff hockey.

wait, didn’t the rangers just win 7-0 last night??? haha…

you’re right though, most playoff games are 1 goal games, or super competitive for the most part.

so who do we want to play, the rangers or the lightning??? although i still think jersey will come back, i’ll go with tampa b/c it will be an easier series… let ottawa and the rangers beat each other up… then bflo v. ottawa for the eastern…

AND MEET HASEK IN THE FINALS!

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:4370,topic:25170"”]

Wake up, this is playoff hockey. ur not gonna see blow-outs anymore. we have to play our hardest at all times in order to make it through.

That being said. LETS GO SABRES!!!

[/quote]

somewhat O.T. here…but i just saw Biron at the supermarket. I’m was thinking…wait a minute, you’re supposed to be in…oh yeah, they aren’t in the playoffs.

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:4374,topic:25170"”]

somewhat O.T. here…but i just saw Biron at the supermarket. I’m was thinking…wait a minute, you’re supposed to be in…oh yeah, they aren’t in the playoffs.

[/quote]

LOL… thats pretty funny…

i cant wait until gametime tonight… i cant get enough sabres and i cant get enough playoff hockey…

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:4374,topic:25170"”]

[/quote]

hes got some extra grocery money courtesy of flipadelphia now too…

any predictions tonight? i say 4-3 ny

great another game with the shitty ass cameras… argh

[quote=“psphinx81,post:4378,topic:25170"”]

great another game with the shitty ass cameras… argh

[/quote]

at least we have rick and jim still.

I’d gladly give up Rick and Jim to have a camera that doesn’t look like they wrapped the lense with a plastic bag.

:tdown: