OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

just one champinship; just one and i would die a happy man but no. not that im old or anything but im getting sick of getting my hopes up only to see them dashed in a blink of an eye!

I’ll probably catch hell for this, but I put a lot of this on Lindy Ruff.

1. You had all year to fix the power play, and didn’t. That’s coaching.

2. How many times do we have to watch Connelly at the point not getting it done on the PP, giving up rushes the other way? A guy with hands like that should be at the left or right of the net. The times Timmy as done well is when he moves in from the point. So put him there. That’s coaching.

3. If you’re not going to play Kalinen, scratch him and put in Paetch. Maybe Campbell has a bit more energy and doesn’t let Alfredson make that shot in OT. That’s coaching.

[quote=“JayS,post:5802,topic:25170"”]

I’ll probably catch hell for this, but I put a lot of this on Lindy Ruff.

1. You had all year to fix the power play, and didn’t. That’s coaching.

2. How many times do we have to watch Connelly at the point not getting it done on the PP, giving up rushes the other way? A guy with hands like that should be at the left or right of the net. The times Timmy as done well is when he moves in from the point. So put him there. That’s coaching.

3. If you’re not going to play Kalinen, scratch him and put in Paetch. Maybe Campbell has a bit more energy and doesn’t let Alfredson make that shot in OT. That’s coaching.

[/quote]

Agreed.

Put Paetsch on the PP and throw Connoly off the faceoff dot.

Edit: from this point on I will only refer to Briere as shitbag.

Edit #2: I have a tan line from where my playoff beard WAS. :frowning:

[quote=“JayS,post:5802,topic:25170"”]

how many times do we have to watch Connelly at the point not getting it done on the PP, giving up rushes the other way? A guy with hands like that should be at the left or right of the net. The times Timmy as done well is when he moves in from the point. So put him there. That’s coaching.

[/quote]

:word:

Connelly needs to play “down low” on the PP. He draws men to him. You don’t want to draw guys out to the point.

Also, the dump and chase does NOT work on a powerplay, because if you lose the forecheck, you’re toast.

WOW IT IS OBVIOUS I CANT READ THIS THREAD ANYMORE.

TALK ABOUT SOME FUCKING MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK BANDWAGON MO-FO’S IN THIS THREAD.

:tup: to the best season of hockey this city has ever seen

/thread

[quote=“audios,post:5805,topic:25170"”]

TALK ABOUT SOME FUCKING MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACK BANDWAGON MO-FO’S IN THIS THREAD.

/thread

[/quote]

amen, they were not in this series much at all. They had a dream season thats enough to be thankful for. Too late to make changes. Next year should be almost as fun.

i’ll take the 75 sabres as the best hockey season this city ever seen.

was a good season thats for sure :tup: to the sabs, cant wait for next season!

the buffalo curse continues.

This team was so hyped from the word go.

All this one team one goal bullshit.

Honestly, they went into a deep slump when the playoffs started, and never could shake it.

I didn’t ever see the regular season sabres play in the playoffs, it was mostly a lost looking team.

/thread

[/quote]

Are you kidding me? Yeah, regular season was amazing. But no one who knows hockey can tell me this post season was the same team you saw all regular season. And if that’s the case, you can’t call this the best season of hockey this city has ever seen. 75, 99, and 05 were all better because the regular season team showed up in the those playoffs.

:tup: to the best regular season of hockey this city has ever seen

/thread

[/quote]

updated

Hell of a season and a hell of a series. I was on an emotional roller coaster throughout the playoffs. Great memories though. I’m proud of the accomplishments made by this team and I am already looking forward to a great season next year.

The good news is, maybe next season I will actually be able to get some tickets.:smiley:

Now the question is…

When is Justin shaving his season beard!?

Well I just found out we lost… Its really sad/impressive that either the Alfredson heatly spezza line is INCREDIBLE, or no team was able to stop them…

Spezza - 20pts
Heatly - 21pts
Alfredsson - 17 pts - 10 goals

If they played an 82 game season with that intensity

Heatley - 114pts
Spezza - 109pts
Alfredsson - 92pts - 54 goals.
Total 315pts :bloated: :bloated:
All i can say is WOW, and I can definitely see that line pulling that off next year

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:5813,topic:25170"”]

Now the question is…

When is Justin shaving his season beard!?

[/quote]

when the Red Wings win the cup or get eliminated.

and about the Sabres, i know we’re not really a hitting team, but it’s kinda ridiculous how we barely hit. ive noticed around the boards, Ottawa would check our guys, take the puck, then be on their way for a scoring chance. i’ve seen a lot of opportunities for even the slightest bump or shove to an Ottawa player, but it rarely happened. i feel it was a huge factor in our loss today. the game winning goal for example…if you’ve got Alfredsson coming in against 3 guys, for gods sake, one guy could’ve at least hit him to knock him away from the puck and get it out of the zone. But that didnt happen and he scored on that play to win the series for the Sens. just my .02

truth about alfresson skating through 4 fucking people…thats rediculous

whats also rediculous is that kalinin played 2 minutes. seriously, what the fuck is the point of him in the lineup if thats all he’s playing. amazingly, campbell tallinder and lydman all racked up 30+ minutes and numminen even had 25+

space-K = 3 million a season to play 9 minutes…great purchase there :roll:

Here I’ll Do this now

FUCK

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:5817,topic:25170"”]

FUCK

[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

I’m still sitting here, thinking we have another game… what the hell am i gonna do for another 4 or 5 months!!!

Its slowly setting in… man, I feel like my heart was torn right out of me.

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:5819,topic:25170"”]

I’m still sitting here, thinking we have another game… what the hell am i gonna do for another 4 or 5 months!!!

Its slowly setting in… man, I feel like my heart was torn right out of me.

[/quote]

Plus one. Especially since the last fucking goal was so frustrating. Hell, the whole series was so frustrating to watch. Not playing to full potential FTL :frowning: