OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

I am liking Spacek. I will likely grow most fond of him as the season progresses.

I just finished watching; DVR, I had to work until 9pm, and It was a great game.

Oh, and Briere turned Ward inside out on that shootout.

THANK YOU SABRES FOR RUINING THEIR FUCKING CELEBRATION :party:

3 fucking banners…bah

danny “the five million dollar man” briere with the goal of the year…holy shit i think ward is still looking for it…

BUT

2 5 on 3’s we didnt get ANYTHING from? wtf…that won’t work at all

carolina looked good, but the most pleasing part of the game was the disappointment of aaaaaaaaaaaaaall those rednecks leaving. not leaving b/c carolina lost, but b/c there wasnt a nascar race to watch or anything…bandwagon fans :ham:

btw, how bout those leafs??? :stuck_out_tongue:

im seriously going to miss picking on you espo :kiss:

God I hate OLN those anouncers sucked. After talking for 5 min about some stupid piece of irrelevant information they literally said: “mean while back in the RBC Center”, like they forgot they were actually brodcasting a hockey game.

yeah…that was pretty horrible.

blah blah blah blah blah…GOAL!!..blah blah blah blah…

VS. announcers blow but the worst thing was that stupid hockey guy that they had pop up right in the middle of the play across the bottom of the screen.

As always, they sexed the shit out of the defending champion team. They treated the game like the Sabres were the bottom of the wrung and as if they were hardly even there.

On another note, are there any rumors floating around about Connolly? We could really use his creative vision.

It was an exciting but i could not believe the 5 on 3’s. First game of the year, theres bound to be some rust.

covering the ice! at least once he blocked action. retarded.

looked a little sloppy yesterday, both teams, but a great matchup. already going to be one of the more memorable games this season, no doubt. :tup:

yea that hockey guy at the bottom was confusing me. im like, why is there a black jersey on the ice??? WTF???

oh and i think ill become and announcer for OLN cuz those guys are fuckin idiots. Ill talk about cutting my fuckin lawn and say “goal” every once in a while…lol

haha i was like where the fuck did that guy come from… I thought he was an actual player.

I think as the game went on Buffalo played much better. I am sure as the season progresses the Sabres will look less slow and sloppy. But then again, they were playing against the stanley cup champs on their celebration day so I mean it was going to be a tight hard fought game no doubt about it.
I also think the reffing was ridiculous. Both sides were called for everything, you would think because Bettman was in the stands had something to do with it.

they changed the obstruction and diving rules this year to more poorly accommodate the sabres. basically rule # one million and seven of how the NHL can stick it to the sabres

should be a few weeks or month or so before he comes back from the post concussion symptoms

shit… forgot it was on :tdown:

If my memory serves me correctly, Koharski has always had it in for the Sabres. I’m sure Gary’s presence had something to do with it, but good 'ole fashion hate will always win out.

I’ve just got to say that Versus has got to be the dumbest channel name that exists as of now.

what a good game last night…the whole bar was going nuts

Don has always hated the sabres for some reason, not that the sabres played a clean game last night but some of those calls on both sides are complete bullshit. You can’t touch a guy without a penalty anymore.

OT: when i was in boston a few weeks ago i watched a 1990ish bruins playoff game…damn there was a lot of dirty action going on.

i agree, and me not getting it on campus at UB sucks ass

but i shit myself laughing at the NHL commercial with the surfers… talking

“hey what is cheechoo doing out here”
in full hockey gear HILARIOUS

and the bike crash with the guy flipping over the guard rail down the cliff… i was drunk, but i died laughing

:cjerk: