OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

"Back then, the NHL had just six teams and eight wins (two best-of-seven series) "

Interesting read :tup:

AMAZING game tonight… all the tampa fans left… the whole arena was still filled with sabres fans. Briere came back out by himself and lifted his stick…(seeing he was the 1st star of the game) we all went nuts. :slight_smile:

afterwards went to dave andreychuk’s bar… filled with nothing sabres fans… nothing but sabres chants… big fight broke out… my old roomate and i got involved… .he jumped on the guys back that started the fight… gave him a nice choke hold…

all in all… qutie an amazing night…and amazing game

lol u crazy floridians

so i take it we womn? i had too many shots of 100 proof soco tonight to notice wtf was goin on :tdown:

My buddy chris (716Biz) was at the bar and game in tampa as well last night.He called me from the bar and said it was nothing but sabres fans there. He just moved there at the end of the summer. I will ask him if he was involved in the fight. Sounds like a good time.

WTF I missed a fight, stupid

and I took about 180 pics, I need to start going through them here at work

EDIT: Holy shit I really need to stop being distracted by bewbs, I have atleast 50 bewb pictures

Just because you see DUDE ON DUDE, whip it out, and start performing a five-knuckle shuffle…that doesn’t qualify YOU as getting “involved” in a fight. The only thing you were fighting was premature ejaculation.

what a game skunks team loses AGAIN

the oh so crazy dodge at it again huh?

:rofl: :rofl:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

i was over excited… OK!

honestly how hard is it to get a octopus, and then sneak it into the arena… seems pretty hard to do

Not to mention that the person probably sneaks it into every game for the chance to use it. I mean, what are the odds of only sneaking it in once and someone getting a hattrick?

some hat trick searching

If a member of the home team in ice hockey scores a hat-trick, fans acknowledge it by throwing their own hats from the stands onto the ice, often causing a delay in play. In the mid-1990s, Florida Panthers fans celebrated goals (not hat-tricks) by throwing plastic rats onto the ice, which were then cleaned up by men dressed in Orkin exterminator outfits. The history of this goes back to an incident in December of 1995, when Scott Mellanby scored what teammate John Vanbiesbrouck dubbed a “rat trick” after ridding the Panthers’ locker room at Miami Arena of an unwanted rat with his stick on the same night he scored a pair of goals. When Mellanby scored a hat trick in a later game some fans threw plastic rats on the ice, mimicking the octopus thrown by Detroit Red Wings fans, and the practice became universal for Panthers hat tricks. The NHL later responded by banning the throwing of objects onto the ice by fans at the cost of a penalty for the home team, but specifically allowed the traditional throwing of hats to continue. This has been loosely enforced, however, as witnessed after the Nashville Predators’ Paul Kariya scored a hat trick on April 18, 2006: two catfish were thrown on the ice and no penalty was given.

What’s up with these first periods, we play like total crap. I hope we turn this around and fast

This is prob the worst ive seen us play in a while. We can get anything going…we are handing them the puck, we cant pass, we keep taking penalties…

well… we scored… i feel like a handicapped team is playing and they are just feeling sorry for us

haha, we could only score on a damn 5-3 but still a goal, we need to get some momentum and take this 3rd period and score a lot of goals…

Wow that was just plain dumb…2-1 now…