~*OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread*~

:word:
Teppo FTW! Had I not been an idiot an moved the mojo jersey, things might have turned out better :gotme: Its back where it belongs, and will most likely be sown to the couch that it is currently on.

Anyone else notice the shot of Janik sitting on the bench looking completely out of it? He almost had the same expression on his face that Umberger did after Campbell hit him.

It was just a bad game in general. Lady luck favored the Canes last night (partially my fault :bloated: ). The puck was bouncing their way, the refs were obviously favoring the home team, and the Sabres had no spark in their game until about the last 10 minutes. Lindy better beat the shit out of them tomorrow in preperation for Wednesday’s game!

damn, those guys got back fast. I was driving down the street for like 5 blocks next to Ryan Miller, right when I got done playing hockey around 1:30am. Guess he lives right around the corner from me

whips a Yukon Denali

COULDN’T HAVE BEEN SAID BETTER!!!

The double shifting the defense was a poor coaching mistake. 2 period double shifting, okay, you can hold on. 5 periods of 5 man defense, you’re going to go down. They should’ve taken the opportunity they have to shuffle around a versatile player like Poinville and keep the defense more fresh.

Also, I don’t think i is entirely fair to say the Sabres were completely outplayed. That would hold true if Carolina was the better team. Like in the Ottawa series. However, the Sabres are better than Carolina. The difference in ths game, is that Carolina showed up for 60 minutes of hockey. Buffalo was only there for 25-30 minutes.

They had a strong 3rd. i wonder what was said to them in the locker room to get them going?

Quit fighting over Teppo vs Timmy needed for winning. WE NEED BOTH OF THEM BACK!!!
More healthy players = more shifts = better rested players throughout the entire game.

you can roll 5 defensemen, thats not the problem. obviously i would love to have teppo back in the lineup though. look at edmonton, pronger plays 30+ minutes a game. janik has never played at this kind of level before, so it was smart for lindy to slowly introduce him to it. our problem was our forwards didn’t back check hard enough in the 1st and 2nd to help the defense out. that coupled with missing some key scoring chances. there was a couple times we would (like usual) try to make the picture perfect pass instead of taking the shot. cam ward looked a bit shaky yesterday, but we didnt get enough pucks on him to test him.

and can someone explain to me how there was not a delay of game called on that play where the puck layed on the goal line then knocked away? their defenseman (ward maybe, dont remember) dove for the puck, knocked it away (good play) EXCEPT he dove right at the post and knocked the net off. if you knock your own net off when the puck is in the crease with no interference from the other team it is a delay of game penalty!

wow… we looked horrible last night :frowning: :frowning:

Carolina deserved the win… come on guys… lets get it together

I was wondering the same thing myself last night… :gotme: I guess you can add that to the roughing call that wasn’t against Briere and the 2 or 3 holds that I saw that were never called. A little more consistancy needs to be found within the referee crew.

yea carolina def played the better game, it was the 2nd period that killed us. we had a few awesome chances in the 3rd but i think they got a little lucky

Ok, time to relax a little bit. Tonight they got the bounces, we didn’t. Sure, they had way more shots than us, but guess what, so did Ottawa and we beat them in 5. The only Ottawa game we lost was the game where we had more shots.

Ward doesn’t get lucky and barely get the tip of his skate on the diving shot by Roy or the dribbler that the defenseman made the miracle save on gets in and it’s a whole different game.

Teppo is a big loss though, I really hope he’s back for game 3. You look at the number of odd man rushes and breakaway’s that the Hurricanes got last night and it’s pretty clear that our defense was tired. I don’t care if Pronger plays 60 minutes a game, our guys were tired and Carolina is way too fast a team to be putting tired defenseman out against.

Game was on HI-DEF last night OLN, which was good. DTV rocks.

:gotme: meh, I disagree.

w/e, from what I’ve heard we might have both guys back by game 4.

I think the most annoying thing about being at that game last night was all of the stupid fans wearing white robes.

Stupid ex-fake wrestler, Rick Flair, is part of their cheers and gets the Woooooo Woooo Woooo’s going. People actually come to the arena wearing white bath robes b/c of the faggor…

Let’s go Buffalo!

actually they come wearing white robes for theyre defenseman commodore, he wears them around the dressing room.

same thing with the wigs too I believe

It was in HD on Adelphia as well.

either way they look like morons…

first off we need PETERS in the line up…

second off shouldnt there have been a pentaly called when that player on carolina dived to save the puck… it was a good play but he took the net right off … delay of game? … and i like how OLN only showed the shot once…way to cover up another buffalo NO Goal

as much as we’re all bitchin i doubt very many of you actually predicted a sweep. and coming away with a split on the road in the 3rd round is still very good. now if we can just keep the momentum we started to build in the 3rd period and apply that to tomorrow game we should be in good shape.

lol yeah… that was bs

damn nice play though…

WTF are you guys serious? that play was clean and amazing. It was a game saver.

Bring in peters? for what reason? so that they can skate around him? worst IDEA EVER!

And again, Sabres didn’t play bad, but Carolina was awesome that game.

And just to clarify
“More healthy players = more shifts = better rested players throughout the entire game.”

WRONG. You can only dress so many players each game. You always have the same amount of lines and personel