~*OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread*~

thats a really good article. nice to see theres some good writers out there.

How did i miss this? umm pick me!

Its driving me nuts tonight but does anyone know what rick said after the goal, i remember do you believe, do you believe. But then he said something witty and jeanerett like and i can’t remember.

He said something about “they’re really that good” I wish I remembered the whole line, but maybe that helps you remember

1. (1) Ottawa vs. (4) Buffalo: Which team wins?

31.4% Sabres in six
21.6% Senators in six
13.6% Sabres in five
12.7% Sabres in seven
11.5% Senators in seven
5.6% Sabres in four
3.1% Senators in five
0.5% Senators in four

1. (2) Carolina vs. (3) New Jersey: Which team wins?

25.7% Hurricanes in six
23.3% Devils in six
12.6% Hurricanes in five
12.2% Hurricanes in seven
10.4% Devils in five
10.0% Devils in seven
4.7% Hurricanes in four
1.2% Devils in four

1. (5) San Jose vs. (8) Edmonton: Which team wins?

32.2% Sharks in six
20.1% Sharks in five
15.6% Oilers in seven
13.1% Sharks in seven
12.1% Oilers in six
3.2% Oilers in five
3.1% Sharks in four
0.6% Oilers in four

1. (6) Anaheim vs. (7) Colorado: Which team wins?

23.2% Ducks in six
19.3% Ducks in five
15.1% Avalanche in six
13.7% Ducks in four
11.2% Avalanche in seven
11.0% Ducks in seven
5.6% Avalanche in five
0.9% Avalanche in four

1. Which team will win the Stanley Cup?

34.6% Buffalo Sabres
14.3% San Jose Sharks
14.1% Carolina Hurricanes
11.4% New Jersey Devils
8.8% Ottawa Senators
7.8% Anaheim Mighty Ducks
4.7% Colorado Avalanche
4.1% Edmonton Oilers

1. After Martin Brodeur, which goalie would you most want in net for a playoff series?

32.1% Ryan Miller, Sabres
14.2% Cam Ward, Hurricanes
13.4% Ilya Bryzgalov, Ducks
12.2% Vesa Toskala, Sharks
10.3% Dwayne Roloson, Oilers
9.5% Jose Theodore, Avalanche
5.9% Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Ducks
2.3% Ray Emery, Senators

Total Votes: 17,357

how many of these voters are from buffalo.

also, check out http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2006/index?conf=east to laugh at the sabres vs. sens series predictions.

my uncle was in vegas all last week, and even before we eliminated ottawa, like maybe after game 3 of the series…they were saying out there that we were the new favorites for the cup :tup:

"NOW DO YOU BELIEVE!?!?! NOW DO YOU BELIEVE!?!?! THESE GUYS ARE GOOD!!! SCARY GOOD! ! ! ! ! ! "

something like that :wink:

Sorry Melrose, your prediction ability is directly linked to the size of your mullet. Better called up and order some Rogaine.

http://users.adelphia.net/~jasonsea/experts_owned.jpg

Yeah scary good! thats what i coulden’t remember. I <3 him.

Haha… that’s great.

HAHAHAHAH looks at the fan’s faces!!! :rofl:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/oly_full.getty-57529630ds010_sabres_sens.jpg

^Tickets to game: $300
Senators Jersey: $120
The look on your face when Jay Pominville shatters Ottawa’s playoff dreams: priceless

that’s dead on.
and very, very true. I got a minor case of goosebumps when I heard that.

I still can’t believe we beat ottawa in 5. I mean, am I dreaming here? are we really going back to the conference finals? it just seems so surreal to me.
this is the best time to be a true fan, when all of your screaming and crying throughout the season has carried you and the team this far. not for naught! seems so long ago when I went to the first preseason game this year, and now here we are.

wipes tear from eye

aight then, lets talk carolina. ward wasn’t tested too much in their last series.

They match up pretty evenly with us. I ffel just as confident as I did going into Ottawa.

ActuallyI feel more confident goin into carolina than I did ottawa. While we kicked ottawa in the last 3 times we have faced them in the playoffs, the regular season shows a different thing each time.

Carolina, I feel that they are evenly matched, but the regular season was alot better off :slight_smile:

Ottawa was built around speedy talonted forwards. Thats pretty much Carolina too. I don’t see us having to change our game plan much. Where Carolina is going to be facing a totally different team as opposed to how the Devils play. Pretty much the Sabres have beaten every team at their own game. We outhit the Flyers and outskated the Sens. We will do the same to Carolina.

I’m even moreso, flashing back to the last reg. season game when they could have had first and we gained nothing by winning…

staal, kaberle, brindamour… fast, skilled guys. everybody thought the sens series would be a goalfest, but with the exeption of the first game, nope. there defense doesn’t seem to match up quite as well with ours either.

stock up on bayer fellas, more heartattacks on the way :smiley:

I hope you don’t mean that our regular season record against Carolia was better…
vs Carolina: 1-3
vs Ottawa: 3-5

If I were a stat whore, I wouldn’t feel confident with Buffalo going against either team. But I’m not, and this is post season hockey. As proven almost every year, the regular season means very little once the playoffs start.

^^ Word, i dont know how much more of this i can take! I actually got dizzy after the goal saturday i think i might have been holding my breath for a while. Take that David Blaine you lil bitch.

yea just ask ottawa