Official NHL Offseason Thread

i thought the team was going to be ruined but I actually think we have another shot at doing good

won’t sneak up on anybody this year with our salary though. they’ll be expecting us to do good - although I had heard on WGR that the Sabres were rated mid-pack again this year by someone… ESPN? x?

Yeah, McKee was a big loss, but I think Spacek will go a long ways toward filling his spot.

JP: Not terribily consistent. Look for one of the young guys to step up to that role.
Grier: Liked him, but hardly a key player. A healthy Mair will fill that spot.
Fitzpatrick: I would have traded him for a bag of pucks and felt like I got the deal.
Pyatt: See JP comment.
Who am I missing?

doug janik.

Go Bills!!!

Yeah, I thought of him but didn’t count him because he played what, 2 games?

I think 10.

he didnt play at all last year i thought he was already gone.:gotme:

any more knowledgable pens fans out there?

Good news for Sabres,

BUFFALO, N.Y. (CP) - The Buffalo Sabres re-signed Ryan Miller to an $8-million, three-year deal Friday, ensuring that their No. 1 goalie won’t miss the start of training camp next week.

The 26-year-old will earn $2 million this season, $2.5 million in 2007-08 and $3.5 million in 2008-09. He was the third starting goalie and restricted free agent to sign this week following Ilja Bryzgalov in Anaheim and Kari Lehtonen in Atlanta.

‘‘Ryan was very clear that he was very concerned about being ready for training camp,’’ said Miller’s agent Mike Liut. ‘‘He didn’t want a prolonged situation affecting the team. And that says a lot about Ryan Miller.’’

Miller was 30-14-3 with a 2.60 goals-against average in 48 regular-season games for the Sabres last season when he earned $501,600. Despite missing 18 games with a fractured thumb, the native of East Lansing, Michigan, finished among the league’s top 10 in wins, GAA and save percentage (.914). Miller’s 30 wins tied him with Henrik Lundqvist for most among rookie netminders, and were the second-most by a rookie in Sabres history behind Don Edwards’ 38 in 1977-78.

Miller also backstopped Buffalo to within one game of the Stanley Cup final, posting a record of 11-7 with a 2.56 GAA and .908 save percentage in 18 games.

Now just to figure out what to do with Marty. . .

excellent

marty will be traded away. The only reason they signed him for what they did was to boost his market value.

mmm can’t wait for the season to start!

fucking lol at Mike Liut being Miller’s agent…

i’m guessing he’s one of the players who stayed in europe last season, even tho his “rights” are owned by the pens

Trade Biron and who’s the #2???

i honestly dont think theyll trade biron anytime soon

James Patrick hired as Sabres assistant coach.

very cool

if they dont trade Biron soon they are just missing out on the ability to trade for a player they need more

for those who didn’t catch it, dipietro signs the DUMBEST contract known to mankind…15 years/60-odd million

thats garth snow for ya :ham:

Regeir said hes keeping both Biron and Miller Going into the season…smart move because there aren’t any quality backups left on the market.

dancin’ Anson signed with columbus for 1yr.