Official NHL Offseason Thread

larry quinn was on shredd and ragan yesterday talking about it

the slug is the prime symbol, but it will have the crossed swords underneath it, plus a new shoulder logo

he thinks people will like the overall effect of the jersey, symbol, pants, socks, etc…

He never said anything about the swords, he said there would be words under the logo. and also said that there would be something on the front of the jersey that no other team had.

no other team has a yellow piece of shit on the front of their jersey so that answers that!!!

My guess is that there will be numbers on the front, so people that want a blank jersey are gonna have a big empty patch on the front.

Some good news. . .

Canadian Press

7/28/2006 4:29:55 PM

The Buffalo Sabres avoided arbitration with centre Tim Connolly by signing him to a new 3-year deal worth $8.7 million US on Friday.

The 25-year-old was fifth on the Sabres in scoring last season, posting career highs in points (55), goals (16) and assists (39) in 63 games.

Connolly missed 19 games last season with a knee injury.

“After discussions with Tim and our medical staff, we fully expect Tim to be completely healthy,” said Sabres GM Darcy Regier.

:tspry:

yes he did say the swords would be under the ugly toupe! he said swords and something else…

Sabres re-sign Forward Paul Gaustad to a 2 year $1.475million deal

:tup: Im sooo psyched for next season! slug or no.

:tup: TIMMMMYYYY!!!

:rofl:
http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/07/278232.html

Anyone want to start a pool on how many games Hasek will last???

Too bad, they only play the sabres once this year and its in detroit.

im so glad detroit has decided to ruin their season with hasek now that legace booked the fuck outta detroit…

more like detroit booking legace out of detroit lol. either way, screw em

we should pick up legace

he doesnt play good in the postseason. we wouldnt want that if we needed to use him then

Sabres re-sign Max…avoids arbitration hearing

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=173003&hubname=

Thats good to hear. I was a little on the fence about whether the sabres should keep him or not. But it really would be stupid to let him go, he is a key player for this team.

i think this pretty much guarantees either dumont or/and briere are gone.

from a friend who works with the sabres organization:

• max 3yrs/10mill is official and will be announced tomorrow morning by the sabres
  • robTc is correct (or possibly both)
  • lindy ruffs projected lineups for this season are SICK…top line will be VERY unexpected by most :wink:

btw, for those keeping score, at this point with brieres contract considered, buffalo is OVER the salary cap

seriously, did ANYONE ever imagine a buffalo team ever going over a salary cap? :lol:

Yeah I love it though…I dont know if I could be quite the Sabres fan if they dropped max…

with the team they had last year its easy to see why they are willing to go over the cap. The extra revenue they received from the playoff run had to be a nice chunk of pocket change

Salary Cap is $44 million…Buffalo is at $34 without Dumont, Miller, and Kalinen