Official NHL Offseason Thread

if briere got 5 mill i’d imagine jp won’t get awarded too much less than that as well…and what would that leave miller at ? you know he’s gonna be asking for around the same then since he did carry the team at points of the season… kalinen won’t be signing for only a mill/season…so that right there puts you at if not over the cap. like sean said i do see them trading SOMEONE away at some point this offseason to make some more room :frowning:

This year they can expect even more money, they arena only has like 3000 open seats. the rest are all taken by season ticket holders.

JP signed for $2.9M @ 1 year

direct from darcy regier: buffalo is over/at the cap

we HAVE to trade either dumont or briere, or both…no ways around it

sounds like another rochester 4th line to save the team again :tup:
pominville :tup:
paille :tup:

Dumont is lazy, I hope he is gone.

We still have what, 2.1 million tied up in Biron? Expect that once Miller gets signed that’s 2.1 million that will freed up because Biron will be traded. At this point it will probably be for a bag of pucks since we need cap room more than we need skilled players.

Doesn’t it make you wonder if they really care about the cup?
Last year they were so close because of the “teamwork”.
If they cared about the cup couldn’t they just take a small cut in pay to keep the team together?
If they won the cup they could all make a lot more money in the future.
My 2 cents.

Exactly why i say that Briere is part of the problem. If they were to have signed mckee they would have been that much more over the cap.

Briere, Dumont, it’s the damn French I tell ya they screw up everything!!!:biglaugh:

they shoulda signed mckee LAST season instead of waiting, thats part of their own fault

are you on dope? :lol:

you really think hes a lazy player? I’m gonna have to disagree there.

Vanek is the lazy one

aint that the truth

.truth x one meeeeeeellion

fwiw rob, briere DID want a long term deal (5 years), but for a ton of money

i dont remember what our debate was, but the truth was briere did want long term but for a shitload of cash

Sabres are at $37 million with the Signing of Dumont…once they sign Kalinen, Miller, and Mair they probably will be close or over the cap…even if they trade Biron they still need a back up goalie so the savings will probably only amount to $1 million…Dumont and/or Briere are going to get the boot.

Found a list of remaining of available UFA:

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS - GROUP 3
The following players have qualified for Group 3 Free Agency (age 29 or older or with at least eight Accrued Seasons) and are Unrestricted Free Agents.
ANAHEIM
Aaron Gavey, Jani Hurme, Jorgen Jonsson, Jason Marshall, Timo Parssinen, , Nikolai Tsulygin.

ATLANTA
Serge Aubin, Peter Bondra, Mike Dunham, Pasi Nurminen, Steve Shields, J.P. Vigier.

BOSTON
Mariusz Czerkawski, Tom Fitzgerald, Brad Isbister, Jarno Kultanen, Dimitri Kvartalnov, Dan Lacouture, Brian Leetch, Jason MacDonald, Ian Moran, Eric Nickulas, Peter Nordstrom, Jiri Slegr.

BUFFALO
David Cullen, Rory Fitzpatrick, Chris Taylor.

CALGARY
Brian Boucher, Cale Hulse, Mike Leclerc, Craig MacDonald, Bryan Marchment, Brantt Myhres.

CHICAGO
Eric Daze, Jason Morgan.

COLORADO
Bob Boughner, Jim Dowd, Petr Franek, Paul Healey.

COLUMBUS
Alexander Guskov, Jan Hrdina, Hannes Hyvonen, Martin Prusek, Radoslav Suchy, Darcy Verot.

DALLAS
Garrett Burnett, David Oliver, Nathan Perrott, Jeremy Stevenson.

DETROIT
Dmitri Bykov, Cory Cross, Manny Legace, Eric Manlow, Jason Woolley.

EDMONTON
Adam Bennett, Radek Dvorak, Kari Haakana, Todd Harvey, Ralph Intranuovo, Fredrik Lindquist, Mikko Luoma, Rem Murray, Dick Tarnstrom, Igor Ulanov, Sergei Yerkovich, Alexander Zhurik.

FLORIDA
Jamie Allison, Alexander Karpovtsev.

LOS ANGELES
Valeri Bure, Nathan Dempsey, Steve Kelly, Jan Nemecek, Luc Robitaille, Brad Smyth, Marty Wilford.

MINNESOTA
Alexandre Daigle, Kirby Law, Andrei Nazarov, Maxim Sushinsky.

MONTREAL
Miloslav Guren, Todd Simpson, Niklas Sundstrom, Vadim Tarasov.

NASHVILLE
Jukka Hentunen, Greg Johnson, Yanic Perreault.

NEW JERSEY
Tommy Albelin, Alex Brooks, Viktor Kozlov, Darren Langdon, Krzysztof Oliwa, Erik Rasmussen.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS
Keith Aldridge, Travis Brigley, Martin Chabada, Kenny Jonsson, Dimitri Nabokov, Tomi Pettinen, Dusan Salficky.

NEW YORK RANGERS
Christian Dube, Ales Pisa, Dale Purinton, Martin Rucinsky, Jason Strudwick, Ronnie Sundin, Petr Sykora.

OTTAWA
Steve Martins, Joe Murphy, Brad Norton, Christer Olsson, Andy Schneider, Antti Tormanen, Vaclav Varada.

PHILADELPHIA
Eric Desjardins, Mark Murphy, Brian Savage, Jamie Storr, Chris Therien, Mattias Timander.

PHOENIX
Boyd Devereaux, Oleg Kvasha, Chris McAllister, Steve Passmore, Jamie Rivers, Ray Schultz, Dwayne Zinger.

PITTSBURGH
Stefan Bergqvist, Eric Boguniecki, Chris Kelleher, Aleksey Morozov, Alain Nasreddine, Lyle Odelein, Lasse Pirjeta, Martin Strbak, Ryan Vandenbussche.

ST. LOUIS
Reinhard Divis, Reed Low, Dean McAmmond, Steve Poapst, Andy Roach, Stephane Roy, Scott Young.

SAN JOSE
None remaining.

TAMPA BAY
Jim Campbell, Chris Dingman, Steve McLaren, Todd Rohloff, Shane Willis.

TORONTO
Jason Allison, Aki Berg, Lonny Bohonos, Maxim Galanov, Mikael Hakanson, Alexander Khavanov, Luke Richardson, Clarke Wilm.

VANCOUVER
Sean Brown, Sven Butenschon, Anson Carter, Craig Darby, Johan Davidsson, Jason Doig, Wade Flaherty, Justin Kurtz, Trevor Linden, Richard Park, Leif Rohlin, Vadim Sharifijanov, Lubomir Vaic, Eric Weinrich.

WASHINGTON
Andrew Cassels, Doug Doull, Colin Forbes, Ivan Majesky, Andreas Salomonsson, Mark Wotton.

Possible Backup Goalie Options:
Manny Legace
Mike Dunham
Steve Shields
Brian Boucher
Steve Passmore
Pasi Nurminen

i saw a couple posts here stating dumont has signed, but he actually hasnt been signed. the one-year 2.9 mill contract is the contract the arbitrators awarded him with

Go Sabres!

According to WGR550.com the Sabres have accepted the 1yr. $5 mil ruling for Briere. Bye bye JP :gtfo:

Saw the Briere news, but that doesn’t really mean much. They can still trade him, or trade Dumont, or trade both for that matter.

^^ Regier clearly stated that they have no intentions of trading Briere…but knowing Darcy’s history, you never know…

I like to see what there gonna do with Marty…they waited too long because Detroit was looking at him…now they signed Hasek again…