Official NHL Trade deadline thread

just makes me sad… i talk shit an all, but i really hate how you guys have free fallen for the past couple years. you had a really beast team and now practically nothing, …

you cant say youre going to build your team around your goaltender and then get rid of all the talent… doesnt make any sense

hate saying this, but ive always been a lil bit of a sabres fan.

fucking cbs sportsline left me in the cold too. i get the NHL rumor mill emails. not one rumor for pittsburgh all week, or even a mentioning of them or their players. the hossa and gill trades were a huge suprise to me.

maybe we should all pick a team that sint in the crapper like our area, and then we can all route for them.

No matter whats happening Im still gonna be behind the sabres 100%

I say we trade Quinn and Regier.

LOL @ Pittsburgh…WTF are they thinking…Yes Hossa is a great player but do they really think they are cup contenders with a so-so Defense and Ty Conklin in net. Giving up two young solid forwards, their 2007 first rd pick (Esposito), and their 2008 first rd pick for 3-4 months of Hossa??? Lets not forget about Hal Gill, enough said right there. Pittsburgh already has three young superstars to win and build around, but hey maybe they can get out of the first round this year lol!!!

um idk where your getting your info from, but first off Ty Conklin has been awesome in net since Marc andre fleury went down. Christensen will be a good 1st or 2nd line center for someone else, but we have two amazing centers already so hes really of no use to us. Armstrong is a good physical presence and he will be missed, hopefully hell be back eventually. i havent really seen esposito play to pass judgement on him, so well see how that plays out. as someone said earlier unless you have a top 10 pick, the draft is almost useless anyway.

our defense does need help, ill give you that. gill will add some physical presence…thats about it.

and as far as the first round thing goes, yea we lost in the first round, as a very inexperienced playoff team (VERY), to the team that ended up representing the east in the cup…not everyone got to play the islanders the first round.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3266198&categoryId=2459791
winners

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3266225&categoryId=2459791&n8pe6c=2
losers

barry melsrose.

Agreed. There is no way he signs before UFA. I’d be shocked.

i’ll be shocked if he stays in the west after this season…

watch him end up with a divisional opponent in UFA…like Boston, he could spin-o-rama and have Chara clear the road.

Well, they’re 3rd in points in the conference, so why wouldn’t they think so?

Yea I doubt sharks have cap room to sign him.

I feel it was a good trade. Campbell wasn’t staying. There was no way to afford him for the long haul. We picked up a player who really picks up the slack in the department that cost us 2 years in a row now. Grit and physical play.

I am happy with it.