«OFFICIAL» Watercraft / Jet Ski / PWC Thread + Boats

Closer to 13’. Bunch of room to spread out.

And yeah, the build quality is impressive. We were wanting to stick with Four Winns, but they just fall slightly short on the detail.

Salon (no separate midcabin, which I like, since it’s going to be the 2 of us 95% of the time anyway)

^^^^ http://66.media.tumblr.com/a042cc2444edd2e81b2e5774537b25fc/tumblr_nq5o0oSElg1uyx8sho1_400.gif

LOL. Next time we’re out, we can probably park your ski on the swim platform when you want to take a break.

Looks like I might go out Saturday with some friends using a uhaul tow vehicle. Heh

Jason, nice boat. :tup:

I was out on my Doo again last night. Pretty much had the water all to myself, it was awesome. Jumped the biggest wave I’ve ever jumped, prob. was about 8-10 feet in the air…landed it too…machine still running great…

Went out saturday afternoon. Water was glass. Cruised down to hamburg beach and then down to canal side to see the duck. Very very busy down there and tons of chop. Going 10mph inside the wall sucks.

Anyone know when they plan on pulling the docks at gallagher beach? They took them out last year the day after labor day. I can’t help but feel that the riding season may go well past that this year.

Any pwcs out right now?

The reason they pulled them early last year was due to park renovations (which the signs from last year are still up for some reason), I’d imagine they will be in through to the end of September this year…no reason they should pull them before October in my opinion…either way, it doesn’t matter to me, I don’t even use the docks there when I launch…

On topic, I am planning on going out tomorrow at Gallagher around 6…

Got out on the water Sunday even though my tow vehicle is in NC…

The people in line at 9am to get their moving trucks and go do a horribly sweaty move when it was already pushing 80 and humid as hell looked pretty jealous when the Uhaul guy asked me where I was moving and I told him I just needed the truck to put my boat in the water for the day. :lol:

Luna is not impressed with the giant duck.

Excellent job improvising.

Got a new retirement goal: http://www.captainjohn.org/

How much did that run you? My boat is pretty heavy so I usually borrow somebody’s truck…

$51 for the day. $9 of that was the insurance, which I probably didn’t need, but last minute I started thinking about the parking brake failing and the truck ending up sunk in the river. Amex and Progressive’s rental coverage do not cover rental trucks. That includes mileage from the Kenmore store (Sheridan near 190) back to my house in Williamsville, over to the Isle View launch, back to my house, then back to uhaul.

• Updated - - -

The Loop has always been part of my retirement plans. You’ve definitely got the boat for it now.

Yeah, just not the 6-12 months time needed, or $25k for fuel yet :slight_smile:

You could always trade it for something smaller and faster. :wink:

Like a 96 4-Winns 245 Sundowner?

Showed it last night. Should be a done deal.

Congrats. I sold my snowmobile Saturday. Always good to get rid of stuff you’ve moved on from.

My wife and I have been talking about getting a houseboat or some other sort of live aboard somewhere warmer for the winter months, then live at the cottage for the summer. I sent her that link yesterday, and now she’s spec’ing out trawlers. I think she’s already planned the first 2 years of post retirement trips.

Yeah, wife and I talked about this at length last night. Not even a question, we’ll do this trip before we’re old.

Oh, and I’m thinking about running the new boat out your way in a couple of weeks. I’ll PM if it’s a for sure thing.

Yeah, we’ve been planning the live aboard boat thing for a while. This seems like a better option for the first couple of years rather than just keeping it at a marina.

Let me know if you’re going to head out. We have a wedding on the 24th, but we’ll probably be out there every other weekend.

You may need to anchor though. Not sure the dock is long enough to accommodate your ship. I have a utility boat to use as a tender.

Yeah, and depth there where you are may be a bit questionable right now. New joint drafts about 3.5’. I’m also on a mostly passive search for a tender, but if the right one comes along, I’ll snag it.

“ship”. LOL. That made me laugh for real.