«OFFICIAL» Watercraft / Jet Ski / PWC Thread + Boats

End of an era… Fuckers are going to make the PWC people PAY to launch at Gallagher Beach.

Is there a season pass option? I pay $50 a year to launch at Niawanda and honestly I don’t even mind. It’s well maintained and $50 a year isn’t much when you’re looking at a summer’s worth of boating budget.

Getting dinged each time for $8, and the hassle of needing cash would piss me off.

EDIT: Yeah, the empire pass is $80/yr (or $68/yr if you buy a 3 year) and it’s good at any NYS park across the state. And it can be shared with anyone since it’s not vehicle specific. Not a bad deal.

Yeah it’s $80 per year. Fucking NYS. I mean I get it, the new launches there are beautiful but none of the PWC guys use it because the beach was free. And guys like me don’t use a trailer. So they’re going to force us to pay up.

@JayS empire pass lifetime is $750 and you get it on your license. And you get a card too…

I hate buying anything “lifetime” in NYS because in the back of my mind I keep thinking I’m going to smarten up and move the fuck out of this state eventually.

I can see them wanting to get PWC launching away from the beach and over to the launch now that they’ve done so much to make that a nicer beach area.

Haha, that or they’ll renege on the “lifetime” part.

My fuel dock a few days ago

No wake zone!

Also, no throwing stones in the water…makes too much mess.

The guy who decided how high to make that dock :ok_hand:

Lake Erie is the highest I can remember seeing it, which is REALLY increasing the flow under the Peace Bridge.

1 Like

Safe / Buffalo Harbor Park now has signs up saying to launch at the main boat ramp… but nothing about it not being free anymore until you get to the launch and they drop the news. It’s $8 and they don’t take credit cards. So if you’re looking to save a little, Bouquard’s Boat Livery is seconds away and only charges $5 to launch. There is less parking, but they were playing luau music, lol.

How does Niagara Falls look with all this extra water dropping into the lower Niagara?

Same, power plants are able to take more and maintain the agreed upon flow rates

Does anyone here need a boating license still? If so I have a 50% discount code and I think a free code for Boatsmart. NYS allows you to take it online now. And I’m pretty sure it works for other states too. I’ve used them for NY and Ontario.

1 Like

Since there is no fine for not having one NY can suck my balls with their new license requirement.

@JayS are you grandfathered in?

There is no grandfathering in. If you drive a boat in NY you have to get a license. However, there’s no fine for the violation, so fuck them.

Edit: Now I’m seeing all kinds of conflicting info. When this was passed it said they had to make the fine $0 to get enough support to get it passed.

I know sailboats are still no-license.

Well, if you decide you want one at least now it can be done in a few hours online. I’ve taken it 3 times and learned something new each time so you’ll get something out of it.

Shoot me that code! I’m looking at buying a boat in the next year or so, I could use it!

@Motocrossx23 I’m digging for it. The 50% off expired like 2 weeks ago. I know I should have a free code somewhere.