Oh look..another Honda

pmd ya back :wink:

oh i saw that car at the NYIRP his first time out. he ran like 3 seconds faster than he told the safety crew he was gunna run that night, haha.

keep that Y8 head atleast for the built block, hopefully it doesnt get to messed up when you pop it.

nah, you make 225whp with a d15b7 bottom end with a y8 head and a bunch of boost for 3 years before making a mess of your internals :slight_smile:

and i it would still run today if it wasn’t for a fucked up boost controller that stuck closed

UPDATE

Well i’m tearing apart the y8 that is in the car. I want to drive it at least once this year so I’m going to throw a stock engine in once i find one. The y8 is hopefully going to get built over winter with forged internals and a built head.

anyone have a stock d-series engine they want to sell me so it can see lots of boost and i can blow it up? :slight_smile:

i would love to sell you my y8 man lol but id need to find a b series and swap it in. If you cant find one, hopefully over winter ill pull mine out and ill sell it to you.

lol i want to find one before winter

a dseries is only good to about 225 whp on stock rods, anything else and youll have a ton of block ventilation from the gaping hole in the side.
Now those numbers are possible with aftermarket rods.
:tup: to a good starting piont
you need a carbon fiber hood :D.

i was looking at a stock d series rod the other day and i couldnt help but laugh. im impressed they handle 225whp. :slight_smile:

Brian

looks like 3 pencils taped together and wrapped in tinfoil pretty much

seriously lol. they look like a sharpie marker with two pvc rings at each end. :slight_smile:

Brian

should be able to make some power!

my buddy has used eagle rods for sale for the d series. i have seen them in person they are practically new

yeah d-series rods are fucking tiny…oh well, i guess i’ll found out how much power they can actually handle lol

any idea how much he is looking to get?

you rebuildin the turbo motor arnt u what rods are u using? ive got Fjt Custom length I Beams im gonna run

good for you.

how have you not found a stock d15 to put in this car? they are EVERYWHERE. d15b2+10 psi+light crx= turn ya out. and dont you ever forget… FAKLAD

Yes I am rebuilding it. I haven’t decided on what rods I’m going to use. I’m more concerned on finding a complete engine right now lol

I might buy the one Just Karter’s friend has. Sure it has 200k and burns oil but I want something that I don’t care about to learn how to tune on. Hopefully I’m going to check it out today since I’m back in Buffalo for the night lol

you live in leroy? thats like 20 min from me.

Brian

yes sir I do. I just moved out there for school, I live on Route 5…2 seconds away from the 19

:edit:

I actually work with a guy who lives in Warsaw lol

-Anthony

prolly only a couple hundred.
he also has a greddy turbo mani n shit if your interested.
he upgraded to a gt2876r.
so he might have some shit for you, if your interested let me kno

where you going to school?

hmm I’ll let ya know when I get some cash together

I’m going to Monroe CC for GM Auto Tech