Oh No!! Fire! STM's solution to your DSM dipstick popping out.

but… the dipstick is stuck in there?

You are right. Lets make that reason be that the car is down on power. Not my car started on fire.

LOL im joking:)

it’s getting really fucking annoying that everyone bitches about shit that you make. and it’s never anyone that owns a dsm/evo

haters

REALLY? I have seen these engines with no blowby. They have Total Seal Gapless top ring pack and will do 0% leakdown COLD

This sure sounds ALOT like J&J … Not chuck ???

the technical points are valid. the other banter is not.

posts deleted.

keep it on topic.

My STi definitely vented pre-turbo, post MAFS. :gotme:

i’ve never seen a dipstick pop out (to the point where it needs a spring) on a boosted engine that didn’t have problems.

GL

I raced adam’s turbo gto, and his dipstick blew out, oil went all over his motor, and the motor was fine. He just checked his oil earlier that night, and didn’t push it in all the way. So, it does happen, even on LSx motors.

catch can ftw!

I remmeber JnJ’s dsm’ doing this when I raced him in joestypeS’ teg haha, i thought he blew the motor

i know this is “cheaper” but why don’t you guys just make a huge custom catch can and sell it for a ridic price like everyone else?

i dunno how much boost ur running but this is 46psi at 8.5K rpm…even at higher rpm its only a tenth of a psi of crankcase pressure…
http://www.t1raceparts.com/v/vspfiles/photos/Catch%20Can%20Kit-3.jpg

lol, 525 for the kit http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2444613

:gay2:

I’ve heard of this issue on the Cobalt/Ion’s but never experienced it personally.

We’ve also never had the dipstick blow out of my buddy’s GST DSM which is running a 35r and around 30psi… This sounds more like an issue with crankcase ventilation than anything else to me but I guess this is better safe than sorry…

i agree. and if the crankcase NEEDS TO VENTILATE, i would not put a device in working to keep that pressure in. the only other way out is past the rings…

I know on my buddies Eclipse as well as my Cavy we have built custom PCV systems to ventilate it better… and I know the Honda guys come up with some crazy setups to alleviate (sp?) that crankcase pressure.

Prior to running a better ventilation system on my Cav the car would literally seap oil out the cam towers after some hard runs :frowning:

see post 25

never had a problem with this

I did. But my motor was all kinds of wierdness… Although I think it wasn’t pushed in all the way as it only happened once.

would said spring really hold if say 5psi was behind it?? if it did life would it sit back in the spot correctly?? when it does lift will oil come out?

It all depends on the spring rate, but it takes a lot of pressure on that narrow tube to create any appreciable FORCE.