OMG Bike Crash Is Everyone OK? *2018* (Count = ?)

Little more info on #3

The driver of a motorcycle that collided with a vehicle on Maple Road in Amherst was in critical condition Sunday in Erie County Medical Center.

Ryan J. Hudson, 25, of Amherst was traveling east on Maple shortly after 4 p.m. Saturday when his motorcycle collided with a vehicle traveling west and turning left into the Boulevard Mall.

Amherst police, who suspect speed may have been a factor in the accident, said Hudson’s motorcycle was cut in half with one half of it propelled into the air.

The accident, which is still under investigation, resulted in Maple Road being closed to traffic for several hours Saturday.

The driver of the other vehicle, Linda Marie Johnson, 48, of Lockport, was treated at ECMC and later discharged.

:frowning:

I’m out, Ride With Pride is shut down, NY State is fuct. Have fun kids.

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.hudson.1656

Guessing this is him. From the looks of the one girl he’s sitting with and I’m aware of who she is, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised about speed or any reckless driving.

Ride with pride shut down? Huh? Are there anymore MSF courses in NYS? It was like the best thing I ever did for myself on a bike.

You’ve said this a million times, we get it, you’re glad you sold your bike, thanks.

Update on this? Any reason for it?

Somebody has a case of the Mondays.

<3

http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/files/images/case-of-the-mondays-careers.preview.png

FUCK YEAH I DO

The story seems to have changed since the initial reporting.

Kid was traveling east (towards bailey) and the car traveling west (toward blvd). She had to make a left into the parking lot. He was either speeding or she tried to get into the parking lot and misjudged the speed of the oncoming vehicle. Easy to do as it was a smaller object. Most likely a combination of the two.

It’s easy for people to state that the motorcycle is traveling at a high rate of speed but if this guy was just pulling out of somewhere and going 30 mph in first gear it would sound like it was flying.

Either way there is probably enough blame to spread around on this one. Good for him it’s a no fault state. Hope he had more than the minimum insurance.

Because of Delta Sonic and the BLVD that’s just a horrible area for ANY kind of traffic where accidents happen all the time. I’ve had several close calls where people come close to hitting me.

Based on the damage to the car (totaled) and the bike (ripped clean in two) I really doubt he was going anywhere near the 40mph speed limit for NFB.

I’m not sure, it kind of depends on the woman and how fast she may or may not have punched it to get into the parking lot really. Some people try to save that half second of waiting by cutting people off because they think they can make it. Judging the speed of an oncoming object is difficult and I’d say probably more difficult the smaller the object. Or she may just not have seen him. Either way I think the damage could have been just as severe if she hit him. I’m not an accident scene investigator this is just my thought. Like I said, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle with blame spread amongst both.

Agreed.

What exactly does this mean, I’m lost on the No fault state. I got in an accident pulling out of a parking lot making a left, lady went over the double solid to get into a turn lane and hit me right at the beginning of the turn lane… but I was at fault.

In easy terms, When there is an accident involving 2 parties, both insurance companies will pay on behalf of their clients and the “at-fault” insurance company will have to repay the other insurance company for the damages they paid, otherwise known as subrogation. The at fault person will then have their premiums increased and even though you were involved in the accident, but not at fault, it will still show on your record, but you won’t be penalized as if you were at fault.

Yeah, tell that to my insurance that gives me shit about hitting a deer. That’s bullshit about that one.

And thank you for dumbing it down for me. haha

It’s only for motorcycles IIRC

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/erie/motorcycle-ripped-in-two-during-crash

Check out the comments on here. The first one explains what happened.

I went to Lancaster HS with him grad. in 2005 with me.

Sad to hear, but I highly doubt the biked ripped in half because he wasn’t flying down maple,asshatting