OMG New Apple MacBook Air

no, thats not what I meant.

I more so meant that a lot of developers of high end industrial/corporate software don’t seem to be interested in making products that support Apple OS, with the exception of film and illustration (and music).

In a corporate environment, a PC is not only cheaper, but it’s almost guaranteed to meet the needs of the employees and IT staff, where an Apple might be a little harder to get in the door as a result of the two. I just don’t ever see it as a dominate platform in any foreseeable future.

Pretty much, almost everything that can be run on a Mac, is also made for PC… but the opposite isn’t necessarily true for Windows software running on a Mac (I know you can run bootcamp and shit… but in the business world, that doesn’t seem like something most companies would want to deal with)

EDIT: I think the right move for apple to make, would be releasing OSX for ANY x86 based PC (without needing to patch the ISO). Get it on as many machines as possible and take even more market share, but that would kill their desktop sales IMO

who knows though… only time can tell, especially if they keep gaining market share