OMG not another "should I buy"

[quote=“MPD47,post:56,topic:33253"”]

On the thruway I average almost 30mpg with the 3 series I’ve been driving with an auto trans (worse gas mileage) and during AKA Rally where I was going WOT for hours on end I averaged 24.2mpg, please know what you’re talking about before you speak about BMW’s.

[/quote]

I know what I’m talking about. Look for the specs on the car, it’s average is only around 20 mpg. Of course there are tons of factors that can change what MPG you’re getting, but the average for both of the cars he mentioned, on all of the years he mentioned, is around 20, give or take a few. Maybe he’ll get 8 more mpg. Big whoop. I looked before I posted. And he never mentioned thruway miles, he actually didn’t mention what kind of miles he was putting on.

Please know that I’m not an idiot before you try and insult my post.

PS. I own a BMW, and I know what mpg you can get. And these days, I don’t think manual and auto trannys really make a difference on gas mileage. One might even get worse mpg with a manual because they’re shifting at a higher rpm than an auto would. Atleast that’s how I drive. And if this kid is getting 15 mpg on a diesel truck, I’m sure he’s not cruising like an old lady either.

With that said, no hard feelings.