ONIJDM ??

so i went to oni today for an sr20det motor, just the motor alone they want 1400. (i dont need the tranny for other accessories.) maybe thats reasonable but prolly not. then i ask about the labour to take out the old sr motor i got in my 240 and put theirs in, so a re and re. they wanted 2000!!
wtf is there something wrong with asking for 2k for this job??

the max time it shood take them is 8 hours

u do the math

thats what iam saying. wtf these guys arent honest and they advertise all over son240 too wtf

One thing i know about ONIJDM is that you get what you pay for…honestly, everyone complains about their prices, but I find that their quality is usually higher than most.

They also won’t pull off any “tigerjap” on you and leave you with a shitty motor. A buddy of mine did a SR swap on his s14 and it ran great. There was also a customer that bought an rx7 from them, and it had the infamous idling/bogging issue that some rx7’s have (starting out), and the guys at ONI did a tune-up and made sure it ran at 100% before they gave it to the customer.

Maybe I’m a little bias because I know them personally, but I do know that they are very straight up when it comes to working on anyone’s car. You can expect good service, but you have to pay for it.

hey newb how about you stfu.
go do ur research before you start to flame.
u want me tp put ur sr in 100 bucks
and see waht kind of job you get.
your fucking pathetic.

do u think tosmoens going to do a swap for 500 bucks u fuckin tard
how cheap are you if u cant pay for a proer swap go buy a fuckin civic.
have you seen the work that comes out of there. have you ever heard of any compalaints form onijdm?

get a fuckin life

$1400 for the motor plus $2000 to install it??

2000 to get a new motor and to have it swapped by them in a day isn’t bad at all.

just buy a civic or swap it yourself

Their prices are a little and sometimes a lot on the pricey side. I have heard good stories about them such as them giving a seibon TT hood to a guy who didnt have that much money and telling him he could pay them monthly. paying 600 monthly is amazing. Also there was a guy who gave them a crappy s14 and 2000 and they gave him GTST.
I have also read a thread about them selling a wrecked RX7 with a “R”(repaired) auction title and advertising it as a grade 4. And I have also heard of them taking a simple situation to far and threathening a kid with harm at a local car event.
If your a big company your going to have some parts wen you fuck up. Saying the ONIJDM or Any other import company didnt fuck up is just stupid as hell.

it takes 2 k of labour to take out the old engine and put a new one in??? and i didnt really flame, go look at my original post buddy, i was asking the son240 members their OPINION

Not really, you’re bashing ONIJDM and calling them rip offs just because their labour is too expensive too afford. All I have to say is:

1. Get a job, or get a better one
  2. Do it yourself
  3. Don’t complain

There’s a lot of work that goes into an SR swap… removing the engine, prepping the new sr motor, doing the wiring, once you have everything in, they need to bleed all the fluids, etc

Maybe $2000 is a little steep but you could always go to somewhere else. You don’t HAVE to get onijdm to install it.

this is not swap or conversion, this a stright re and re. he says he already has an sr in the car and just wants the motor changed. no wiring or other bs. 2000 grand is alot but i am also a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

if i were in your shoes i would buy a motor from slippery silvia, buy a hoist from princess auto then install it myself. and if i wanna be really cheap about it return the hoist when i am done with it.

peace

Honestly bro … talkin trash about a shop or others ain’t worth it… keep your opinions to yourself… but i do understand where ur comming from… u work hard for ur money and im sure u want the best deal u can get. its a given for that… we all want that…

And for ppl who keeps saying YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
There is no such thing as a perfect mechanic… its just some charges more than others… just because its CHEAP doesnt mean they won’t do a good swap… think about it if ur a mechanic u want more customers so u want to satisfy them not piss them off… i worked at bmw there mechanics are top of the line… and YET THEY STILL do a crappy job… so no matter wat. its not the money its the mechanic… Remember the owners of the shop gets the money not the mechanic…STOP BAD MOUTHING THE GUY SAYING HE’S CHEAP… face the truth… CHEAPER IS BETTER… we aint all born rich… here…

Unless its parts… if u cheap out on parts then ur car is gone pretty much… but mechanic work… 500 or 5000 there goin to do wat dey know and need to do… coz money is money some ppl will work hard for a buck
thank god for immigrants like me… LOL

do urself a favour and get urself a “PERSONAL MECHANIC”
shops are always gonna chrage u up the ass… its not coz they want too… its coz they have to share the profit… thats Business…

of course i work hard for my money we all do, however who likes being overcharged?? if the industry standard for a re and re is 2k then i’ll pay it gladly but if i hear that its usually 500-700 then my eyebrows will get raised. i’ve never had to do a re & re b4 thats why iam asking you guys. onijdm didnt mean any offense maybe ur work is 2 times better than everyone else or u like to be thorough about your work if thats the case maybe u do get what u pay for, but then again who knows for sure.

think of it this way , most back yard guys can do the swap if they have a bit of mechanical knowledge. shops like onijdm have overhead and employees that need to be paid for. this makes for higher prices but , you get the work done at a reputible place and with a warranty. i fyou have an issues they will be quick to be there to help you out, thats what you pay for.

farmer

so next time before you go and say a shop is ripping you off. make sure you can prove it. have you got quoted by anyone else yet?
sg and sasSha is a reputable shop on son240sx go there an see how much u have to pay.

5 posts and you already made a thread like this. Oni JDM strives on qaulity, they have a shop, hoists, tools and stock. If you want all that helping you, you have to pay. If your so worried about the price pick up an engine hoist, some beer and some friends.

But ya dude, 5 posts wtf…perma ban coming.

instead of not saying anytihng and simply not going to them and shopping around - you just opened a whole shitload of problems

for yourself included becasue i see a ban coming your way

just my opinion

what? $1400 for an SR?

BLASPHEMY!

And as for labour, engine swaps arent headaches/lots of work. You simply lift one engine with one hand as you place the other with the other hand into the engine bay and everything just clips into place.

5 minutes max.