Onyx Syndicate Season Opener: Dunnville Autodrome: May 24, 2008

How/when do we pay?

100 is pretty damn good with food. even the 20 is worth it just to shoot the shit with ppl.
+10 great idea
im in… i better finsih the radio flyer.

sorry guys i didnt mean to sound like im gonna run you off the road i meant im a crazy driver as in im like trying to keep up with everybody not run you down or something. payment plans up yet?

so i wont be lapping but for 20bucks i can come chill out watch show my car and eat the cattered lunch???

~Justin

That’s correct :slight_smile:

^^^^yeah, that about sums it up. don’t forget the S1DC practice we get to see first hand.

$100 bucs is a fair price for a lapping day like this, but the $20 spectator fee may hurt the turnout of ‘curious’ on lookers, lunch or no lunch. people are cheap. just my 2 cents. good luck though, if the lapping ain’t full mid summer i will probably show with my old 'rolla :wink:

peace

im in for spectator, gunna bring my car and let people view, nothing to really look at tho lol
but anyways, i cant wait to eat foodand get some good video of this event, sounds like its gunna be sick…i wanna see how these americans get it done.
love the idea.

I’ll probably be there.

I’m coming for sure.

the secure payment site if being developed at the moment.

or you can chat with me over msn during the week danno

Hey Bing, I’m just wondering how the group thing will work. If only 12 cars are allowed on the track at once and there’s a group A and B. Doesn’t that mean that it will be 12 cars for group A, and then 12 cars for group B?

How is that going to work assuming that the final cap will be 40 cars?

Also, will the groups just be split into beginners and then experienced drivers?

mark I think you are confused

just like on your days, it is expected that people arent driving for 100% of their allotted time - thats the only way to keep the costs down to reasonable levels.

If you only sell 12 slots because there are 12 cars allowed at a time everyone would be paying triple.

Bing and Josh know what they’re doing I’m sure they’ll coordinate it so people get enough driving time to satisfy.

everyone always complains about hypothetical driving time and when they get to the track and their car overheats.

hahahah so true bing.

honestly, if you coordinate it properly you can sell easily more than 40 slots in an 8 hour day but it takes a bit more work which is why we’ve opted not to do it for our days.

and there is always those few guys with stock corollas and stuff that can drive for 6 hours straight who will get a little bit annoyed…

we’ve had pretty good luck so far just doing open track for the whole time but you guys aren’t doing a strict lapping day, more like an event with lapping so I think it works nicely for what you’re doing.

it may get the point where we can only accept people who are badass…

we’re about ready to launch the registration and i have a feeling this is going to be rammed off the get go.

yes people are allowed to show up without registering and eating but we dont necessarily want to encourage that…

imho, weeding out the undesirables starts with only having people there who can afford it.

haha, good call.

I dont think you’re going to have an issue filling 40 slots. I know you’ve also done this before, but in my experience even if it looks like you’re not going to sell out, the last few days before an event you’ll always have to turn away like 10+ people because you’ve filled your slots. A lot of people wait to the last second because they want to make sure their car isn’t broken and have to go through the hassle of selling their slot.

hint hint to everyone: those are the guys who lose out in the end.

fortunately we have another 9 events that they can get into…

we’re also about to open registration for the Grand Prix of toronto this year.

What’s your definition of badass?

This does sound awesome! I may be somewhere else for this weekend however. If not I’ll make it down, hopefully will be lapping and learning :slight_smile:

OK so…i need to get in on this soon the 2JZ 240 needs some action this yr!!!