OPP caught streetracing, undercover car impounded

this was sarcasm?

if it wasnt, instantly racing who?

I saw a hamburg cop stop at a red light, flip on his lights and drive through it… I figured, meh, must be going to a call.
Yeah, he pulled into the tim hortans up the street and drove up to the drive thru.

i loled.

You picarding assholes need to explain yourselves. I personally know a half dozen cops and another two in the training academy. They all admit being terrible drivers while on duty and blatantly disobey traffic laws. You think they’re above it because they’re typically so humble and respectful? I’ve seen cops on transit run 3 redlights in a row then pull into the mcdonalds drive thru.

hehehe. that’s pretty terrible…

:picard:

Congratulations?

in a profession where you can get gunned down for pulling someone over with a tail light out, run all the red lights you want.

gas station attendants can get gunned down for not having more than 50 bucks in the register…

Call the station and report them for not following procedure for their lights. One of my teachers in college (who is a retired cop now) was offduty when he saw an officer turn on his lights, run the red light, and turn them off. He followed the officer to see if he actually had a call and it turns out he was just going to some restaurant. My teacher called the officers supervisor and he got suspended for 2 weeks without pay.

Just because they have a badge doesnt mean they are above the law. There are certain rules and regulations they have to follow just like any other job out there.

+1, it might make them have a keen eye out for you though if it’s not anonymous.

BigEd:

These are the most dangerous jobs in America. They should all get a free pass from the law?

http://blog.enterpriseitplanet.com/green/blog/blogpost_img/picard_facepalm.jpg

SHUT THE FUCK UP MINGLOR!

big ed says, they’re in a dangerous career so they should be able to break the law

those are the most dangerous careers

shove it up your ass

I don’t know why minglor is “failing” everyone but who cares, they are cops and if you were a cop you would probably do the same. It does not really effect you so why care? If you do care so much report it instead of complaining.

which is why I excuse gas stations for charging so much and the attendants for being such pricks most of the time.

ok, but when you are doing 40mph through an intersection and a cop throws on his lights and runs the light to beat that Tahoe to the Dunkin Donuts drive-thru, and you t-bone him and get arrested for not yielding to an emergency vehicle, I don’t want to hear you complain.

Police are on the list…

So do the cops do this during rush hour or in the middle of no where? If they were actually doing it when it could be a hazard, then yeah its a problem. I’ve only seem them do when either the light is just about to turn or at midnight when there’s nothing for miles.

I really don’t care if they run a few red lights.

Loggers, do they have light bars on their cars? No, but I’m sure they could rev their chainsaw in public to let people know they are coming through a red light!

In every walk of life people use the “perks” at hand to make their day easier.

+1, you can’t let blatantly illegal things slide just because they don’t affect you, because if you do, they will eventually affect you

and plus, if a cop does one thing illegally…

Yeah, you’re completely right and I would be pissed as hell and I knew that would be brought up. If I made it out of the accident with my life I would probably be better off after it. (as long as I’m healthy) I mean the cop car’s camera and actions would be brought into play here and I think I would win the case. It’s not just gonna automatically be my fault if I go through a green light and hit a cop car.

What about professions where you can get gunned down for selling slurpies and gasoline?

“Oh, but cops have better training and know how to drive.” Well I might not be a perfect driver, but there are some people deep in road-racing and spec cups that should have a license to kill if it is about skill.

I think it’s closer to, “If the President does it, that MAKES IT LEGAL!” The enforcers of the law are above the law, just… because.

Pre-emptive :picard: from some mouth-breathing douche who doesn’t have any other way to argue with a blatant and irrational double-standard.

Me either, my problem is that if I’m stopped at a red light with no traffic, and I pull through, the cop’s gonna be on me like a cop on a doughnut.

Minglor: :picard: :picard: :picard: :bigfuckingpicard:

Saved you the trouble big guy!

you read my second/third post(s)?

Keep things in perspective, he have a light bar on his car and sirens to let you know he’s coming through?

Basically this is just jealousy, you want to run red lights, but can’t.

Honestly, I think there’s bigger fish to fry, but just for the record, you’re correct, they can’t and shouldn’t but I really don’t care. Here’s the actual traffic code:

[quote]
§ 1104. Authorized emergency vehicles. (a) The driver of an authorized
emergency vehicle, when involved in an emergency operation, may exercise
the privileges set forth in this section, but subject to the conditions
herein stated.
(b) The driver of an authorized emergency vehicle may:
1. Stop, stand or park irrespective of the provisions of this title;
2. Proceed past a steady red signal, a flashing red signal or a stop
sign, but only after slowing down as may be necessary for safe
operation;
3. Exceed the maximum speed limits so long as he does not endanger
life or property;
4. Disregard regulations governing directions of movement or turning
in specified directions.
© Except for an authorized emergency vehicle operated as a police
vehicle or bicycle, the exemptions herein granted to an authorized
emergency vehicle shall apply only when audible signals are sounded from
any said vehicle while in motion by bell, horn, siren, electronic device
or exhaust whistle as may be reasonably necessary, and when the vehicle
is equipped with at least one lighted lamp so that from any direction,
under normal atmospheric conditions from a distance of five hundred feet
from such vehicle, at least one red light will be displayed and visible.
(d) An authorized emergency vehicle operated as a police, sheriff or
deputy sheriff vehicle may exceed the maximum speed limits for the
purpose of calibrating such vehicles’ speedometer. Notwithstanding any
other law, rule or regulation to the contrary, a police, sheriff or
deputy sheriff bicycle operated as an authorized emergency vehicle shall
not be prohibited from using any sidewalk, highway, street or roadway
during an emergency operation.
(e) The foregoing provisions shall not relieve the driver of an
authorized emergency vehicle from the duty to drive with due regard for
the safety of all persons, nor shall such provisions protect the driver
from the consequences of his reckless disregard for the safety of
others.
(f) Notwithstanding any other law, rule or regulation to the contrary,
an ambulance operated in the course of an emergency shall not be
prohibited from using any highway, street or roadway; provided, however,
that an authority having jurisdiction over any such highway, street or
roadway may specifically prohibit travel thereon by ambulances if such
authority shall deem such travel to be extremely hazardous and would
endanger patients being transported thereby.[quote]

Moruitelda, you’re more and more becoming the voice of reason.