Orr89rocz's 1989 Camaro Iroc-z 5.7L

nope. i have a sway bar

sweet congrats

so i had the timing set to about 10-11 degrees base timing and the car felt ok. been driving saturday and now today. little bit ago i moved the timing down to about 8 degrees and it feels like it made a bit of a difference. pull felt stronger to me so i think it likes near stock timing.

if it dont rain and i have time, test and tuning will begin this wednesday :slight_smile:

Looking great bud!

8 is the spot

take some pics of the stealth ram, I love the look of those fuckers

You going tomorrow? I want to see what your ride is gonna do with the new setup. I think I’m going to run my car too.

yes if the rain holds off tonight, and nothing else comes up… I’ll be there.

i dont expect much of a gain at the moment since its so hot and the car will need tuned to get optimal power gains, but it should run alot better the last half of the track, while losing only a little bit off the line.

other guys dyno results over TPI show very lean conditions from 4500-5500 rpms where stealth ram shines…so with a tune i expect another 10 hp and that will definately help

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showpost.php?p=580151&postcount=74

i posted the pics on page 5 but theres the link to the post for your convienence. lol

Sweet, great job on the build. I’d like to see this car in person.

i’m usually the only clean black thirdgen camaro at PRP…i think i’ve only seen a few over the last 2 years that have raced there. its kinda rare to see another clean black one i guess

Well i did want to start a NEW thread but i figured that be pointless since this one is already here

I want to update this as i am starting a NEW project this winter :slight_smile: EDITED: 3/7/08 DOING 383 motor now!!

I have 40 % of the motor torn down already today. Rad’s out, intake manifold is half off but i’m waiting to do the rest once i get the accessory brackets off. Water pump is off. So far so good.

i’m hoping for 400whp or so. More the merrier

But this is all for now. I’ll update pics as i go along. This will be a LONG project as i’ll be getting parts as i go when i have the cash and will be taking my time. NO hurry as the car is done til march/april anyway :slight_smile:

g/l MPHBOY…look forward to seeing the results and progress

Keep us updated. Sounds like spring will be fun.

hopefully :slight_smile: if all goes well and i can tune this sucker.

:stupid:

nice and good luck fool

good luck

i hope i dont blow this thing up.

ya that would suck…but then u can go even bigger and better then