OT: style error

i have felt this way for a while, but i just thought i would comment on this with you folks.

http://i5.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/2a/b1/49_1.JPG

http://i4.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/11/e2/a9_1.JPG

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/fashionturn/.mids/122804006.jpg

IT DOES NOT MATTER IF YOURS IS REAL OR NOT ANYMORE

it is wack no matter what.

if you bought a fake you are a dork for thinking that people care, or for thinking you could trick people into thinking you are fashionably in-the-know. owning this design negates the possibility of you being fashionable.

if you bought the real deal you are still a dork for paying hundreds upon thousands of dollars for something you could have bought fake for $20 and no one could tell the difference.

discuss…

Designer names are for queers and spoiled haugty bitch wives.

i dont know that i would go that far…clothes are much like cars; the best quality gear does come from europe… bar none.

that is true of many things actually.

the best clothes / cars / audio / watches / jewellry all come from Europe.

and everything american is made in asia or mexico

no one is buying Luis Vuitton’s brown pattern because of the durable stitching.

don’t forget women, it’s a historical fact, that estonia has the most beautiful women in the world.

^^^ I was just going to say… :wink:

those bags are friggen ghey,

I remember when i was in Sanfran in the summer my aunt got me a fake Louie bag for 10$ from China town, looks real but honestly the bag is not my style…

i rather take the $300 and invest it into my car, or just save it for a rainy day, some people are messed up for spending $100’s of $$ on stupid stuff like bags…and shoes…(im sure others would argue with us that we are stupid for investing so much $$ into our cars)

needless to say those bags are ghey
and yes best quality does come out of Europe!

these items are for luxury and social status. ppl buy these for the same reason why they would spend 10G on a rolex when they could have a 30$ timex that does the exact same thing. If you are wealthy enough to be able to afford one then by all means go ahead. but if you gotta stand at McDs for 2 months to buy a purse then u got issues. if you’ve got the bling and feel like owning one, buy it. If not, dont try to force it by busting the bank for one or even worse… pretend to be rich by buying a fake one.

my moms got that exact same purse

a real one? cuz the one in that pic looks fake heh.

its like what 240sxy was saying… some people think that others are stupid for investing money in cars. its all about what the person likes, they spend the money they have on what they like, even if it is a $1500 purse. if i had the money, i would pay for a $10,000 rolex watch because i like watches. someone else could say why would you pay three thousand dollars for a japanese engine when you already have one…

Hand built cars and exotics maybe… but in terms of mass production, no-one is close to Japan in terms of effieciency and quality. True story.

Yeah … actually I remember when Daimler was “merging” with Chrysler, a lot of people were saying “oh, Benz? Yeah, that’ll help Chrysler’s reliability issues.”

Then saw the stats posted and MB is actually less reliable than Chrysler, parts are way more expensive, service is more expensive etc etc.

Why would people shell out thousands here for what everywhere else in the world is a taxi cab?

Why would people clone JDM Zenki/kouki/180/Sileighty/270rs?

Why would they spend thousands and thousands of dollars to do so?

Are they a dumbass for cloning it? Would they be a bigger dumbass for forking out all the $$$ to get a REAL 270R?

Everything is a status symbol, whether you admit it or not. And usually for the same misinformation. The best clothes come out of Europe? Is that a fashion-oriented question? Because if so, of course. Style emerges in Europe, and a little while later catches on here. As for quality … I wouldn’t really expect european fashions to be durable or warm.

So if it’s not a question of durability, economics or warmth … it’s hard not to see it as status.

Then it becomes a question of economics. When 1/10th of the population can afford the “haute-mode” thing of the day, the other 9/10s demand the knock off. They want the look, without the prohibitive costs.

Kinda like clothing communism …

Sadder fact is that it probably costs about the same to make either.

So those that have the “real” deal tease those that don’t to justify the expense.

I think whether it’s bags, cars, watches, jewellery etc it’s all the same really.

“advertising has us chasing cars and clothes…
working jobs we hate,
so we can buy SH!T,
we dont need.”

dont even get me started on this. the women who buy bags like that are retarded, they care too much what people think, and are in most cases bitch ass trophy wives.

if you need a ten thousand dollar purse to feel excepted you have problems…

i can go on, but i’ll spare you all heh

Brad Pitt saying that is kinda funny…

Utter BS. We buy clothes and cars and whatever luxurious items to make us look good and in turn boosts our confidence. Otherwise we would all be wearing wife beaters and driving Kcars.

Take it from a guy who just spent half his bank account in the UK on clothes.

FCUK and Burberry owns me.

Hey, for those that havn’t sceen Surplus I totally recomend that you watch this, its a documentary, but its absolutly amazing, its about how our socity is so work oriented and materistc. Im sure its floating around on the net too, if ur board d/l it :slight_smile:
its great!

If we stop buying stuff the ‘Communists’ win…

go Capitalism!!!
:smiley: