OYAP Meeting

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you have any info on this. My shop teacher mentioned to me about one happening this Friday somewhere, anyone know where it is?

um not sure my co-op teacher hasnt said anything…

True… I’m not sure, my shop teacher apparently got a message from the board and he thought about me right away, so if anyones got some info, please answer.

I know Central tech offers the OYAP program, maybe thats where it is?

i did oyap back in the day. it was a great experience. get ur highschool diploma and ur lvl 1 apprenticship certificate at the same time and to boot u get out of ur school for the last semester. u guys are guna love it

newb question: what’s apprenticship

its when you fast track in a trade, for example automotive, you work for a shop that pays for your education, and pays for your work you do as well. Plus you get out of high school a semester early.

oh shit thats cool…what do i need to be an aprentice?

Pick the trade you wan’t to pursue, and find an employer to hire you…Then bust your ass off.

You also usually need your grade 12, SIN, stable place of residence, and reliable transportation to work.

yeah exactly, I’m in grade 10 and I’m already trying to find a place to take me on.

same here but i want to do engeneering and to do that i need university

ahh, was going to do that, but i go to uni for free anyways, so im going to do my OYAP, then my business degree

nice…good luck

OAIG (ontario apprenticeship incentive grant) jipped me hard core. i was unable to get my free $1000 cuz i finished school on december 25th 2006. The grant program started in 2007. I was so fucking pissed. Just 5 f’ing days!

Learn to spell engineering.
???
Profit.

Are you my english teacher?

No, I’m just a graduated engineer working in the industry :frowning:

what type of engineering?

Aerospace. I’m working as a mix of aerospace/industrial right now. My role is of a manufacturing engineer, but we service the aerospace industry, mostly Bell Helicopter, Smiths Aerospace, Bombardier, Messier Dowty, Rolls Royce, Siemens, etc…

^^^nice