P.F. Changs Vs Hyde Park Vs Black and Blue Vs ?

melting pot sucks, dont waste your money going there. such a waste

yeah you should definitely try a local non-chain restaurant. buffalo is loaded with awesome places to eat, and this isn’t a knock to any of the chains around here, but the local places are often several times better than the chains. plus you’re supporting the local economy.

La Bella Sicilia is probably one of my favorite Italian restaurants around here

La Tolteca has great food… go there often
Tomata Pie also has a great pizza. I usually get their antonio pizza, its great

what about Mothers ? Their food has never let me down.

ahhh yes Mothers is good and a nice atmosphere

melting pot is shit. Boil your broth and cut up raw meat at home.

Russells is amazing. They are a la carte but they also have a dinner for 2 menu which is 75 bucks.

I keep hearing PF Changs is great but havent been there as of yet

Once a year expensive mean at PF Changs?? People in my office eat it everyday for lunch.

Gabriels Gate
La Bella Sicilia
Coulter Bay
Mothers
Tempo
Daniels Restaurant
EB Greens
Toro

http://www.curlysgrill.com/
Really good food, with a carribbean flare. $25/entree type of place.

http://schimschacks.com/
Awesome food, call ahead to book a table with a view over the escarpment.

Good food, can’t beat a rotating view of the greater niagara region. A thunderstorm rolled in when I was there. All the birds spiraled down in flocks to land, the cold front cut all of the steam out of the gorge, it was fucking magical.

http://www.carmelos-restaurant.com/
Another good one.

Steak houses are overrated. You can get a good steak anywhere. Hell do it at home. Decent cut + cast iron skillet + butter + salt + garlic + high heat + flip every 15 seconds = better than 90% of the steakhouses in Buffalo. If you’re spending dough on a good meal out find a place with shit you can’t do yourself.

hyde park is really good.

i prefer bacchus though on franklin & chip.

I have heard very very very good things about tempo on delaware and left bank off of elmwood.

with all the good local places in buffalo, there is almost no reason to go to a chain place.

jsut recently went to curlys had amazing food, shimshacks is also great, i heard the skylon is very over rated but im interested in trying that. I am usually a chilis or red robin or quaker steak type of guy.I am just interested in new resturants that i havent tried yet. I like mostly any type of food i just did this to get some ideas of good food around the area so when I am drawing a blank of where to go I can come on here

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

i liked Oliver’s on Delaware back in college… i wonder if it’s still good or not… they had a decent wine list

oh… and Dakota Grill by the AMC on Sweet Home ( i dunno if it’s still there or not… )… drove by and saw the place every day for years, but it took my last year to realize it was a very nice restaurant… couldn’t believe it was there the whole time

Our house is in the neighborhood behind there. Y ou have no idea how hard it is not to order from there every day.

Would recommend:

Hyde Park
Fiamma
Peitro’s
Curlys

NOT:
Black and Blue - horrible food, atmosphere, service
Buffalo Chop House - food was ok, way overpriced, would never go back

Dakota Grill has been closed for quite some time

I’ve always had good food at tempos

if steak is what your going for Fiamas (or however its spelled) is really good, and a cool little place… hyde park is mehhh, pf is really good plus not expensive, and ive never made it to black and blue

3 things

1. that place sucks

2. i ordered an assorted sub from them 3 years ago, opened my meal when i got home, it was a piece of bread with one piece of cheese

3. how can you live in depew if your house is in the hood right behind there? cause thats where i live (by queen of martyrs eastland pky)