P.F. Changs Vs Hyde Park Vs Black and Blue Vs ?

Quoted for lulz.

fixed

Something with the bros =
vizzis for like $10 you will be very happy about your life

Something nice =
Saigon Bangkok is really good prices, great food nice atmosphere
Fiamma is probably my favorite steak in Buffalo but the atmosphere is not as nice as some other places IMO
Mothers is always good food, great place fair prices

Those are my picks

please explain

http://www.ultimaterestaurants.com/bacchus/

http://www.leftbankrestaurant.com/

http://www.fiammasteak.com/

http://www.ebgreens.com/

If you like sushi, check the sushi thread…
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80667&highlight=official+sushi

Thanks guys , im thinking that maybe i will hit up mothers or bangkok this weekend then cross the rest of as I go

Aged tenderloin, rub with oil, salt and pepper (kosher/sea salt, fresh ground pepper).

Get a cast iron pan nice and thoroughly hot (don’t want the heat dissipating when you slap it on), and sear both sides for 35 seconds.

Get another deep pan going on lowish with clarified butter.

Poach steaks gently until mid-rare.

Remove, let rest then add special sauce ontop.

SPECIAL SAUCE IS SECRET, SHHH.

ingredients to special sauce:

clarified butter

chicken stock

garlic

shallots

flour

mix ingredients thoroughly, brown in a clean pan until you’ve got the color of a brown roux.

if you don’t know what a roux is… then s my d, b, and gtfo, newb. :tup:

for cajun influence: heat until brick roux is formed.

The thing about high-level cookery is it doesn’t really come down to an ingredient list or an instruction list. There’s a lot of technique there, then you just apply the technique correctly and the outcome will be great - quality of every single ingredient is also very important. Start with great ingredients and add poor technique, the food in high level recipes will SUCK. Start with great technique and have poor quality food, the food will suck. Here’s another example of a high level recipe, this one is for soup:

Blanch carrots using big pot blanching method
season carrots, saute carrots until done
puree carrots
strain
adjust consistency using stock

Now it may not sound like the craziest soup you’ve ever heard, but it will be the most explosively flavorful one you’ve ever had… if the technique and quality is right.

Submerge meat in melted butter, remove when cooked, eat.

interesting sounds good I may have to take a stab at that

+100. An under the radar Italian place that has a nice business casual atmosphere with amazing food.

went to the 31 club tonight for dinner
had the filet and it was very very delicious
also tried some of the lamb from my grandpa which was also very good
i would definitely suggest it
wasnt too bad for price, came to like 200 for 4 people with drinks and appetizers

+1

I have gone twice as well. I would ut their steak up against chop house. don’t see why the location matters or the fact that it is a “chain”. Mortons is one of the best steak houses in the nation and it has several locations… Does that mean their steak sucks now? Its not like the place is on the same level as outback.

• 4 for saigon bankok. Iver never had a bad meal there and is still one of my favorite places to go but carb insanity in that place.

Chain does not bother me. Being at the mall does. This is a personal preference and I feel that way for a bunch of reasons. Super shitty parking, super shiity people at the mall, seeing super shitty people in mall parking lot, super shitty mall people that decide to be big spenders that would go there, and the super shitty 20yo’s that work at the mall trying to impress said GF. If they moved locations I would go there and probably like it haha.

I remember when we were at the boulevard food court and you were like, sweating you hated it so much. lmfao. I think you have a condition.

agoraphobia - fear of a marketplace?

hahahaha

hahahaha that gyro was so good though.

LOL well maybe you can be sedated like they had to do to Mr. T to make him fly on the A-team.

Hutch’s
Mothers
Prime 490
EB Greens
Daniel’s
Mulberry’s
Bacchus
Left Bank
Sea Bar (Sushi)

The restaurants in the malls are terrible and overpriced. They seem to attract the bottom dwellers of Buffalo who has never been outside of Buffalo to experience what a real restaurant is, and how good food can be.

It reminds me of a funny scene out in Orlando a couple months back. We got into town and were starving. The place up the street was a carraba’s chain restaurant. We decided to just eat there because I didn’t feel like driving all over town. A couple in their 40’s came in, the guy is wearing a full suit and a black tie. The woman is wearing a formal dress. The woman kept asking her husband why he told her that it was a “real fancy place”. It was hilarious, we were wearing jeans straight off the airplane.

I was dragged to Cheesecake factory in the Galleria a few months ago for lunch, and it was terrible. 40 minute wait, unclean tables, crumbs and trash all over the rugs, we were sat about 12 inches from a group of black women who were yelling into their cell phones the entire meal, and bring overly loud.

Then I ordered a grilled eggplant sandwich which is one of their signature items. It took them nearly an hour to make that, and they brought it out cold with a cold plate of mushy greasy french fries. With a couple iced teas, and two pieces of cheesecake it was nearly 50 dollars.

Similar experience at that stupid Bravo restaurant. The PF Chang’s out on the west coast are much better than the one here. It isn’t even close. I think that better chinese food can be had at a locally owned place over this chain anyways.

I’ll say it again, one of my favorite restaurants in Buffalo is Pano’s. They pay attention to detail, and the food is always fresh and appealing. There is always something on the menu that is UNIQUE, that you would never see at another restaurant. Plus the prices are very low. The service and cleanliness of the place could be a little better, but for what you pay it is acceptable.

Pano’s is not a place to impress anybody, its just nice to go there. They give you a salad with fresh vegetables, not that bagged shit like you would get at other places. As of late, you can see that they are shrinking the portions down, so its becoming less of a value but it is always good.

For the most part, service at restaurants in Buffalo is terrible. Waiters are not friendly like they are in different parts of the country.