Pain in the --- spark plugs? You tell me!

Well. I am doing a tune up on a 98 Camaro with a 3.8L. Not the easiest at all.

Which got me thinking.

Whats the worst set of plugs you’ve ever had to or have done?

ATM I am gonna have to say this Camaro.

Motor is pushed sooooo far back in the fire walls on these cars. Spark plugs are under the exhaust manifolds. Starter is partially in the way on bank 1. A/C is completely in the way on bank 2.

I know the Northstar motors in some of the Caddies are a bitch to do bank 2.

So, lets hear it boys…and girls…

02+ maximas and altimas with 3.5

rx7 13b tt

Removing the upper intake is a breeze. I don’t mind them at all to be honest.

Not so much fun. Nope. lol

13 b is probably the easiest ever … try 4.2L ford windstar

13b TT we are saying. They are not horrid. But not all to easy.

I have yet to do a 4.2 windstar. Although vans are gravy work. Can’t be no different than the newer 3.8’s

2000 Town and Country w/3.8 AWD

Front three easy, rear three are death.

2.5L ranger - 4 banger but has 8 spark plugs. 5 are easy to take out (relatively), 3 on drivers side near firewall are a bitch. I figured it would be easier to take them out without removing the IM.

When the plugs had been in there for ~150,xxx km, shit was seized. Snapped plug boots 3 out of 3, had some crazy ratchet setup - extension, universal, extension, universal, stubby extension, socket - to remove the one.

!!! I remember those now…:run:

oh and the wifeys 3.1 lumina had to tilt the motor forward to do the rear bank. Ghey.

3.1, yeah. The o2 always gets in my way on number 5. ballllls

Mazda millenia supercharged, rears are a bitch, especially when your hand is in a cast lol!!

4.3 V8 (265c.i.) older caprices are a bitch too, especially with a propane or NG conversion.

Z06 is a PITA…

hardest car I have seen yet…(that actually can be done without pulling engine)

1988 porsche 911’s

02+ WRX or STI are shitty business too.

i got the special tool for the wrx’s its like two u joints together

phh, Try an Oldsmobile aurora. There is NO possible way to get the back plugs. FWD v8 FTL

^ true the 4.0 is a fuckbag. Also its something like 8 or 10 liters of oil too iirc?