Painting a car flat black?

This thread will definitely come in handy when I get my new project to the point of paint.

Ive done so many of my beaters with rattle can out in my driveway i could do it with my eyes closed, even a noob can spray a flat or semigloss and have it come out lookin sweet. just do a section at a time using light coats. and the scothcbrite pad method is the one ived used every time. works sweet, just stay away from powerwashers for awhile.

i wanna do that to my sol

well one of the guys I talked to has a gun, and paint so we just need to get the mixer and primer.

but still need a place to do it

You do not want to use actual primer. The primer will absorb moisture, get abused by the sun and eventually look like shit. Your going to want to use an enamel flat black paint because its cheap and can take some abuse. If you have spots that need primer on your car. Primer those first then the flat black over top.

why would I not want to use primer, and also FYI I might not go flat black anymore.

Primer draws water in. Which over time leads to oxidation/rust. I painted my car with flat black primer but the car had lots of miles and I knew I wasn’t keeping it for more then 2 years at the time.

Excellllllent. [/mrburns]

Man, I painted my Civ with a rolla and a brush. The ladies love it, and the car comes out the fastest that way…