PAINTING INTERIOR TRIM!!!

Its your car so do what you want. I just think this is going to be one of those moments when you’re like 23-24 that you look back and go “why the hell did I ever do that to a nice car?”. Don’t worry most of us have those moments. I put headlight covers and silver door trim on my 1st car.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:36,topic:35593"”]

We were all at the “Sweet I have a car now what can I do to it?” phase once.

[/quote]

:word: Isn’t that the truth!

I’m very familiar with 2g interiors… what exactly are you painting? There’s not too many ‘subtle’ pieces to paint that it won’t look overdone. Post some pics.

You’ll probably regret painting anything later, but I’ve been there too lol. Hindsight is definitely 20/20.

[quote=“Geoff,post:42,topic:35593"”]

I’m very familiar with 2g interiors… what exactly are you painting? There’s not too many ‘subtle’ pieces to paint that it won’t look overdone. Post some pics.

You’ll probably regret painting anything later, but I’ve been there too lol. Hindsight is definitely 20/20.

[/quote]

ill admit, its prolly one of those “wtf was i thinking” things, but oh well, if it lasts and keeps up then ok, if not, i refinish em back to stock and thatll be the end of it, thanks for not destroying me btw lol

[quote=“Motocrossx23,post:8,topic:35593"”]

…i got a chick car…why not improve on it?

[/quote]

fixed

F-

[/quote]

shutup ricer

[/quote]

Who hasn’t, it’s just a shame that knowledge can’t be passed on.

[quote=“psphinx81,post:45,topic:35593"”]

shutup ricer

[/quote]

lol you’re the one who wanted to polish your can so it was a shiny as mine! :walter: and my latest ricer sticker still hasn’t come in yet :snky:

oh and motocross… I think whenever one wants to change the appearance of one’s interior away from stock appearing, subtlety is key. When in doubt, don’t. Maybe even photoshop it first to see what you feel about it after a few days.

:shoot:

ewwwwwwwww.

so where are the pics?

See first post

oh wait, last time i checked, im leaving this thread

What’s with the trim not fully surrounding the knobs?

[quote=“Motocrossx23,post:20,topic:35593"”]

i love how everyone on NYspeed hates everything that anyone does lol, its like a community of senile old men sometimes, but hey, i couldve done worse, i was thinking about triming it out with pink head light film and maybe some sparco seats with matching pink harnesses…oh wait… (not calling out newman, just proving a point)

[/quote]

lol i dont understand the senile old men comment, however i did tell newman i thought his rosy pink headlights were gay after he sneezed like a little girl at tullys :stuck_out_tongue:

all things aside, the hello kitty steering wheel is fucking hilarious, and completely removable.

I’m pretty sure he meant cynical. Although senile isn’t too far off.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:53,topic:35593"”]

What’s with the trim not fully surrounding the knobs?

[/quote]

shadow from the dome light?

^^thats not your car fag, gtfo :shoot:

^^ and yellow evos don’t float on tsunamis. i’m going to break into your car and paint your interior yellow while you sleep :loopie:

lol, blame adam for that one :stuck_out_tongue:

if u can get into my garage when its locked up… good luck sir lol, just think of what is sitting next to it… i think ud see that and go for that instead LOL

i’ll try to be the one who’s not jumping on his nutz. Motocross… i applaud your DIY efforts, buy if you paint your air vents i’m going to punch you in the neck.

I painted my trim as well (except with automotive base/clear):

Before:
http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/DIY_09.JPG
After:
http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/interior_install2.JPG

in my opinion it can be done, but as mentioned already… the key is “subtlety”.