Passat Won't Start

yeah

thought they sprayed started fluid in it and still no fire at all… be_rad, simple diagnostics as checking for a wet plug and spark will lead u in the right direction. I owuld check for fuel before spark.

It’s being towed to a local shop in a few. I don’t have the time to deal with anything past the simple stuff I did over the weekend.

It could be a fuel issue, clogged/frozen injectors, clogged fuel filter, bad pump, etc. Again I’d rather not open up those lines in freezing temps so I’ll let the shop take care of it.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, I’ll let you know what the problem was as soon as I get word.

Good luck.

flatbed ftw

good luck hopefully its a site sponsors shop

Unfortunately not. I don’t think we have any site sponsors in the North Hills. This shop specializes in euro/vw/audi. Plus I’m good friends with the family as well so I trust them to do good work.

what for… unless its awd, there’s no need.

let me know what they find out

should of kept mouth shut girl juist said hers had a hard time starting…

yeah let the tow trucks do it… ill sit and watch em all day :slight_smile: :finger2:

His car is pretty low, not even sure it could be towed with a tow truck.

stock suspension ftl

ehh they got it running but I need a new throttle body. The electronics of the positioning sensors are fried.

They cleaned out the cyclinders (drown in fuel) a couple times, cleared all the codes. The only ones that came back were from the TBPS. Loot for a new one, ugh.

Unfortunately it’s FWD but I’m glad they sent a flatbed w/out request.

It’s been crushed before, def a pain in the ass to walk it up on blocks to the flatbed.

Oh noes lol. Bad karma.

speed bumps ftMfL

pull the rear d/s

TT>flats

(Nelson voice) Ahhhhh haaaaaaaaaaaa

Well I got it back Thursday after work with new throttle body, it ran fine Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Then it wouldnt start this morning…same thing. I called the tech, he said because of the cold it could be my oil. Now, being a lazy ass and not wanting to change oil in cold, it’s still got something like 15w50 full synthetic from the fall. Now I’m trying to get it towed again back to the shop for an oil change(5w30)/fluid check. This is bullshit. F the cold.

WTF would the oil weight have to do with the car not firing up? Enlighten me…

Heavy dirty oil causes more friction than fresh light oil, not allowing the motor internals to get moving easily.
Cold heavy dirty oil is even worse…sludge

I can see how that is a possability but i highly doubt it brad. Have u tried to hit the starter at all?