Pho Noodle

^no they’re not.

Pho is all about broth. There is a technique on how to make the broth.

Red Pepper or Saigon Bangkok are probably worst in term of broth.
Pho Saigon in Block Buster plaza in Niagara Falls Blvd is pretty good, probably 7/10.
Pho 99’s probably the best in Buffalo area…in term of Pho’s broth.

I eat Pho 2-3 times a week as well. Tons of great places to get it here in Baltimore/DC area. You have to have it with tripe, tendons, and raw beef (not a big beef ball fan).

Def. check out Pho 99 (also has really good pork chops) near UB South Campus or Saigon on NFBLVD. Both were really good when I was living in Buffalo.

UGH. Do not want.
Roommate’s Viet GF’s stinky ass food she used to make before I banned her from my kitchen scarred me for life.

Had to get it for lunch… #1 Large!

How can broth be this exciting?

Fuck I love Pho. Too bad it KILLS my sodium intake :frowning:

It just is. You also have to eat it right to get the full flavor. You sip it really hard and it covers the entire inside of your mouth. I forgot the word but pho is a “loud” soup, literally loud. All you should hear are big obnoxious slurps from people eating it.

edit Oh man I’m so hungry now

Full of flavor and hard to describe. I like to load mine up with basil and cilantro, then top it off with a little Saracha and hoisin sauce. Im getting hungry again

Yeah, i just got hungry as well. Maybe I’ll have to get some tonight and take a picture of it.

The place here only had one size bowl, about the size of the ones shown, but then when my girlfriend’s cousin and us went all the time, we told them about how they used to eat larger bowls, so they went out and got basically serving size bowls and added a large option to the menu for us.

They typically give you so much. I am a 200lbs dude and I have a really hard time finishing a large. As far as the broth its just so good and full of flavor! I might get some for dinner.

Just ate there yesterday… While I was ate UB I would go 2x’s a week

I agree…

Best Pho I’ve ever had was my GF friends moms. In terms of restaurants Texas had some really good Pho places as well. Even better than NYC IMHO

Fuck. I’m getting Pho tomorrow.

Northern VA and some parts of Montgomery County, MD have very large Viet populations so the PHO is always top notch.

I would disagree with you about Pho 99. When they first open in downtown Buffalo, it was good. Now the owner is not even there anymore and not looking over the cooking. I’ve tried it and haven’t comeback there for a while due to their pho went down hill. Pho 99 other dishes is average at best compare to most other big cities with large Viet population. As for Red Pepper, they are not even Vietnamese. Mostly just Chinese food blend in with couple Vietnamese dished. I’ve tried it there and never came back. About Pho Saigon, That place is dead and the food is below average. I went there to tried it out when they first open and haven’t come back since. As for Saigon Bangkok’s Pho is ok maybe because I cook it ;)? I’m Vietnamese and been to many places and tried so many Vietnamese food and cook them myself.

Well then cook me some fucking pho! Then let me do heaters in the 350Z

Dammit, now I want some.

On topic - I’ve only had it locally at Saigon and it was delicious.

Com’on down! The Pho and my 350Z is at the same place LOL. But make sure you digested the Pho before you take my Z for a ride :wink:

I will be in town for good the 27th! Ill be there fo sho.

I will second that statement. I’ve tried looking all over NYC for that perfect bowl of Pho, but i’ve been unsuccessful… something seems to be lacking at every place… be it the broth, the noodes, the temperature (i like it scalding hot)… I’ve tried vietnamese places, chinese places that make pho, korean places that make pho, fusion places that make pho… you name it… i’ve tried it… there’s this rinky dinky viet place in Jersey City where it’s pretty good but they just don’t make the broth hot enough

The only other place where i’ve tried Pho was in Boston and it was terrible

California has the BEST Pho in the country!