Pictures and story of what my ex-girlfriend did to her car, and now what should I do?

[quote=“ly555is,post:35,topic:32977"”]

from a purely monetary standpoint, it will never be worth it - based on the simple fact that even with a clean carfax, a GSX in great shape isn’t worth a ton. Imagine what a GS-T with a wreck could go for. Unless if it had some serious sentimental value… :gotme:

best of luck with whatever happens.

OT: I can’t think of any ex’s of mine that are worth half this effort.

[/quote]

Well it looks as if the car will not have a salvaged title, even though it was deemed a total loss. The insurance company, never asked for a copy of the title, so it was not “Branded Salvage” and she was not issued a 907A certificate. It has me 100% confused at this point. Now I am even more split on the decision.

1.) If the title is technically still clear, I might as well go ahead and fix it, then have the whole car resprayed. Drive it on weekends, have fun, then next year or so sell it on eBay and fetch my money back.

2.) I got a good offer on everything from a guy in Canada, (not sure how that will work) so I might sell it all to him. I could imagine the convo at the border. “Are you bringing anything back?” “Well what the fuck do you think is on my trailer?..”

3.) Or I might rip it down to nothing and part it out piece by piece (No real desire to do that though, Im just too lazy)

4.) Find a rustless 1995 GSX/TSi AWD Shell (with tranny and drivetrain) and go to town.

5.) I am not doing this for her really at all, I just really like these cars and I miss mine, so it seems like a bittersweet opportunity at this point.