Pittspeed Fitness & Nutrition thread update:

no shame in resting

I’d rather be hurting than stuck on a fucking plateau (like now)

Get into bicycling, nothing drops weight faster than bicycling and it’s a whole lot more fun than real exercise

wow. a thread i can finally comment on knowing that my opinion will mean something!

darkstar i want to give you all the props in the world for doing what you did! most people dont realize the time, commitment and will power it takes. im very very impressed!

if you guys have any nutrition, trainning or general fitness question feel free to ask me.

my credentials :slight_smile:
ISSA Certified since 08/06, i trained at the greentree sportsplex
i also did 2 years at GNC in the mall@ robinson

Jimmy

I’m on week 4 with ediets.com now, and I’ve lost about ten lbs. I’m on 12-1300 calories a day, low sodium, low fat. It’s working out really well for me, they give me menus and a shopping list, so all I have to do is cook. I wouldn’t know what to eat otherwise. I had a membership at the ymca, but I’m unable to go since I moved. However, I did buy a total gym a few days ago. So I’ll see how that works out. I’ve been taking thryin atc as well.

yeah I’ve been injesting mass amounts of protein. the OT F&N forum guru’s suggest between 1g and 1.5g per pound.

that sounds a little low. if you eat too little your metabolism will go into crisis mode and start conserving. or so i’ve read. I dont think i’ve ever experienced that problem. :o

your daily caloric intake while dieting depends on your baseline metabolism :slight_smile:

your average males baseline is about 2100-2300 depending on some factor while your average womens is 1700-1900

:doh:

My girl is on the South Beach Diet and she lost 8 lbs. in two weeks but she also exercises and eats very healthy on that diet

that diet and healthy do not belong in the same sentence…

Good job everyone.

I apparently lost 15 pounds this week (215 down to 200). Didn’t realize it at all. A co-worker pointed out that I looked a lot better this week. I jumped on the scale and was like HOLY SHIT, how’d that happen?!?!

Winter hibernation must be over :slight_smile:

dehydration :slight_smile:

:bj:'s???

pm me some tips on a good deit!or post’em!

Agreed. Doing my Hyungs is a pretty good workout. Plus i either walk or ride a bike. I have free weights and a bench in my basement, but dont use them much. I do enjoy working out on the heavy bag.

I know all about joint cracking during warmups. I sound like popcorn. :smiley: :smiley:

x2

I was on 14-1500 calories, but I didnt lose any weight that week. So it dropped me back down to 12-1300. I don’t feel hungry or anything, so it seems ok.

:cool:

let us know how it goes.

Great work Mikey, frickin’ awesome. I have to admit I’ve been on steady downward spiral for around 2 years… and made a lot of talk about getting back in line for the last few months but haven’t done jack or shit to actually do it. So I really respect you for doing it man! I had one of those nights last night where I just realized I gotta clean up my fuckin’ act! I’m thinking it’s about time to put down the bottle and go back to pickin’ up the weights.

-TJ