Pittspeed Fitness & Nutrition thread update:

wahoo, started going to the gym again, and in two trip I fucked a tendon up in my right arm. If your just getting back into it go easy! Even if you think its too light to do anything. I was lifting relitively light. Now I’m fucked. yay.

bet you jacking off constantly didnt help.

i learned this the hard way as well. something is still fucked up in my shoulder. go easy the first time, you’ll feel it the day after!

I drink the Propel water a lot…and some people drink crystal light. Might want to watch how much you drink though, there are studies that show consuming a lot of artificial sweeteners is not good in the long run.

yeah office jobs will own your mangut if you are not eating clean. I would just eat clean and try to get into something where you will be active and i am sure the gut of largeness will go away.

drink protein shakes…250 calories, 40 grams protein…and it is one of your meals

Very true…I drink 2 per day…roughly 310 cal, 55 grams protein. I was just refering to something to replace pop.

I love doing shakes/meal replacements… so many times i find myself not having time to sit and eat a meal… but when I do, i make an afternoon out of it which i need to stop doing.

what are some good shakes/meal replacements that arnt just fake, advertised stuff?

Thanks, I’ll have to look into those… Any recommendations? I can’t remember what I was drinkign when I was working out a lot.

I go to Sams Club and get EAS Whey…it is only $25 for a 6lb bag…best deal i could find. Two scoops with about 12-18 oz of milk twice a day.

yeah so i danced friday night real hard for 5 hours…

was at the gym talking to a trainer sat morn at 1130 and worked out til 2…
worked really hard on abs and legs

back to the dance floor sat night for around 4 hours…

And could not get out of bed sun morning…not bc I was out late but I went to get up out of bed and had severe pain in my upper abs (sternum area) I had to roll over and get up. Guess I read this post a lil too late.

Maybe my “trainer” should have told me that on thurs…(cough cough)

I took 2 days off, tried again yesterday and it just hurt too much. So today another day off…

Any suggestions for tomorrows work out?

propel is awesome thats what i have been drinkin lately. i started to do a lil dieting. im on the way down started at 211 down to 194 been doing some weight lifting and some crunches and leg lifts. i need to get something for my legs at home. i have f’n chicken legs. workin 65+ hours a week sucks for having time to work out.

Wow…that is overtraining. If your trainer is telling you 2.5 hours of training is good…it may be time to look for a new trainer. You will burn out quick and stop making progress is you keep working at that pace.

fixed

Join Lifeforce and lift w/me. Chicken legs are tough to build w/o some kind of set up at home…got to left heavy…squats

my trainer isnt around much (roll eyes) thats why I went to talk to the one at the gym. she gave me a lot of good pointers that I did not know before.

2.5-3 hours is how much I like to work out a day, not someone telling me.

I rotate routines. Slowed down my cardio from 1 a day to 30 min. Im not tryin to lose weight, but to gain it instead.

I LOVE to work out and sweat…so its hard for me to cut out after an hour or so. Like last night I was only there for about an hour and felt like I did nothin after I left. I try to get a good 4-5 days in a week. 2-3 of them are week days after work so thats when I can only fit in an hour or so workout.

on the weekends I spend 2-3. I didnt think that was too much…?

id love too. my buddies all go up there you might know them. the twins jared and drew one got a clean ass monte SS and the other a Grand am GT and both ride bikes in the summer. but i just dont have the time right now. my schedule changes everyweek and i work til 8 or 9 most nights and im trying to get driving our big trucks on my days off. maybe in a month or two when it starts to get nicer out. and i can get myself more motivated

2.5-3 hours of training is too much…I say (depending on the person) 1-1.5 hours is enough. Working out longer than that is a waste and will end up being counter productive. A good way to tell if you are overtraining is if your progress seems to stall, your mood isnt as good, decreased appetite, ect. It is good that you love to work hard but you gotta keep in mind more isnt better. If it is working for you and you are honestly continuing to make gains then you are doing OK.

Not sure if i know them…I get there at 8-9PM. Get a different job man…working that late is beat.

as soon as i get my cdl from my company i am. might go to my g/f’s dads place and drive heavy duty flatbed 7-5m-f but thats a year off. i need to get myself in working order :bigthumb:

Hardly effects it :wackit: