Pittspeed Fitness & Nutrition thread update:

Darkstar started this thread haha!!

listen up tiddly winks, I’ll fuck you up fat and I’ll fuck you up skinny. Makes no difference to me.

its nice of you to make another post in this thread…

So what are you now fat , skinny, obese ?

i’m up at center ice fitness which is now called fitness 365. Not sure what all they got in there since i’m only in the weight room but its open 24 hours a day every day which is AWESOME for me cuz i love to lift late at night when nobody is in there. Its 39 a month for 6 months or 36 a month for 12 months. They only give out 6 month and 1 year memberships. Its alittle steep, i was hoping it was around 30 a month but for 24 hrs availabilty, i cant complain

I have been in a place for the last 4 years where a decent draft beer is $4+ everywhere you go.

50 cent drafts have not been kind to teh Darkstar.

:frowning:

I’d say I’m probably up 20lbs since I got up here. But i think that is out of my system and I’ve been eating really good for the last… 6 hours. Gotta start somewhere though.

i am so pumped, just got back from shoulder day, i got 405x8 on military presses…

anyway, bics 56, if you need some tipe on how to get your bench up, pm me… i can you get about 20 lbs. on your bench in a few weeks.

shit i’ll pm you for some advice to try… i’ve been slowly climbing on my bench now for the first time in awhile so i’m happy with that, but always interested in some other methods/advice

what have you been doing?? im sure you know how to lift, but i do around 15-20 bench meets a year, i really do know a lot on how to get real strong real quick. if you are slowly climbing, it means you are about to hit another plateau. real gains come in 20-30 lb. jumps.

Military pressing 405 x 8 is crazy. Seems kinda odd you can “ONLY” bench 475 raw when you are Military pressing 405 for 8. I would imagine with a 475 bench you would press 405 for 6-7. That is some dominate shoulders…I know I shoulder press a decent amount less than I do on flat let alone incline.

Actually I am happy with my bench strength…I am pressing over 350 now and strength isn’t my priority. I am looking to add size. I was going pretty heavy for a while using over 300 lbs for low reps. I just switched it up now where I am using a 15 rep range. I could feel 2 months of heavy benching was taking a toll on my body…I started to get a sharp pain in my elbow. Seemed to flair up when I went heavy…so I am going to try using a 13-15 rep range for a month or two. But feel free to PM me a routine…if you need any details before you make one up let me know. Thanks!!

when i bench, i don’t bounce the bar, or do touch and go. i take the bar off the rack, and come down and hold it at the bottom for a 1 second pause. then i press it up. it makes it a lot harder.

I understand…sometimes I do that too. I will always lose 3 reps or so…so do you do more of a push press when doing military presses? 405 is an insane amount to rep with…and if you are using slow controlled full reps that is insane.

i cant imagine anyone doing MP presses with that much weight. I do shrugs with that weight and only get like 6-7 reps on a good day LOL

no, that is how i bench. i really don’t heavy all the time, about every 2-3 workouts, but on my light day i will still do military presses for 4 sets of 315x12

I started a new workout routine today. Going off of advice from 06se-r.
today was chest/back so i changed it up and will concentrate on lifting these groups once a week instead of my previous two. I"m now doing more sets/exercises since its once a week.

I’ll see what happens. I havent decided how i’m gonna split my legs workout and shoulders/bi’s/tri’s either yet, but we will see here

i never told you to do chest and back together, they are 2 big muscle groups, do them seperately. you can get all your bodyparts in 4-5 days of lifting.

yeah i know, i just did them together today as i’ve always done. If i should split it up, then i will, i just didnt see the big deal

split them up, you want to isolate your muscle groups so you can train them harder. trust me, if you listen, you will grow

Currently I switched up my rep range from lower reps mostly 4-6 or 8-10 depending the muscle to 10-16 depending on the muscle. It was time for a change and I think my body needed a short break from all the heavy training. I want to run this for about 4-6 weeks. Then I figure I will want to shed a little fat. I was toying with the idea of a full body routine every other day. The day’s off I would run some HIIT and/or some cardio. The trianing days I would have heavy days and light days depending on how I am feeling. The only thing I can think that may be a problem is when I run sprints my legs are usually sore the day or two and that may suck while I am doing legs.

I always read how great full body routines are but never really gave it a shot. I tried a upper/lower split which is somewhat similar. The key is you are reducing the volume for each body part per session but increasing the frequency. I figure with keeping it “fresh” ever so often I should keep making decent progress and hope to somewhat keep it while I am trying to cut up.

Thoughts?

I’ve also heard that the body builds muscle better when you do change the routine up after a certain period of time. Doesn’t sound liek a bad idea to me.

I really need to get back into a routine period. This desk job isn’t doing me any help on the weight loss.

I am thinking since I am on a higher rep scheme now I may try “German Volume training” (GVT). Pretty much you do 10 sets of 10 with about 60% of your max…or if you are advanced you do 10 sets of 5 with about 75% of your max with 100 seconds of rest. I figured this would be good to run for 6 weeks or so then I can start my cut.

Here is a article on it:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=658759

The one “bad” thing may be when doing bench or any other exercise where you need a spot it will be a pain if you are not lifing with a partner. I can’t ask someone to spot me every 100 seconds for 10 sets.