Pittspeed=

I think new members with new ideas and different opinions on situations make the site much better. The growth of pittspeed over the past few years is really amazing to me. I was visiting my sister, in Erie, and started talking to some random kid about my car and he actually mentioned the site to me.

Its easy to agree, with cutty, that a portion of the newer members are the stereotypical “ricers”. However, I notice that a lot of those kids do not last but long enough to show us what they drive before being harassed off the site. The OGs do a good job of noob bashing and hurting the less than desirable member’s feelings enough to keep them away.

I still see the site being somewhat cliquish enough that the core members retain the values, i use that term loosely, of what pittspeed is truly about.

The other site I visit has the new member problem much worse than this site. When the 240sx bandwagon started our membership skyrocketed to something like 40k+ members but no more than a few hundred are signed on at any given time. The worst part about is that half of the members do not even own a 240sx or a Nissan for that matter.

Jimmy

I know I ain’t been on here all that long, but both Cutty & Whitey have a good points here. I personally can’t stand punk kids with wannabe race cars, but we were all there at one time. We just gotta steer these kids in the right direction. If they are being stupid at a PittSpeed sponsered get-together, they just need pulled aside & set in the right direction. If that don’t work, then take any PittSpeed stuff (stickers, license plate frames, etc) from them & throw them out, and off of the forum.

^ your not here making brag statements.
good noobie :kekegay:

even though you also own a honduh :slight_smile:

im still game for putting a newb in check via the “ATTN” posts.

however, just harassing to do it, im not for unless the newb is a real dick.

sounds like a car club to me…:hsdance: :hsdance: :doh: hahah

agreed with this point and the others mentioned… bad publicity isnt very good to have. they say any publicity is good publicity but i dont agree…specially when it comes to cars and racing. more and more illegal racing goin on with slow ricers means bad shit coming back on the other guys. soon, anyone with an exhaust will be pulled over and charged for illegal mods or excessive noise when it normally would go over looked…

could be a far cry from reality and never happen but i dont wanna take a chance with something like that.

i don’t know if you have to exclude everyone new, I’m very new to pittspeed and already I got some parts from people on here, sold some parts, got some great pointers on how to get my projects to where I want them, enjoyed some silly videos, checked out some other members projects, and most importanty Found quality shops.

It seems that you already have good tools for keeping d-bags off, not only with the ban list, but it seems that everyone is taking a strong stance, together letting wreckless showoffs know that they are not welcome

It may be good for the og’s to dedicate a section noob free for b/s, filtering down on on retarded comments, but please don’t keep the automotive or meet info from n00bs we are the ones who need it most.

Without proper direction…
n00b’s could easly become a victim of “ricer” with random decals and 'rigged mods, without the relentless critism of the poeple who know better. And where better that a meet to do this.

my thoughts, thanks

This thread is gay.

x2 bitch bitch bitch

just a suggestion… i know im a noob technically because i havent posted much, however i had been reading around on this forum before i finally joined for a long while. Anyways… my prelude forum, which i have been on for about 5 years is also free. there is no obligation to donate on that site, however if you do (via paypal) to help with hosting costs, you gain access to “private room”, which the average noob cannot get into. something like that might work well on this site.

we already have taht… donate and find out!

As a member of alot of online forums (active on a select few) I think the best way to do it is welcome new members, but be sure to keep any smartasses in check via any means necessary. You earn your right to smart off, make off topic posts, etc.

Show the newbs the light, OGs!

ok! fair enough… i will donate at some point, i regularly do on a few (was 2 but now 1) other forums, and this one is as much of a helpful resource as those.

so does that room for ppl who have donated serve as a predominantly “OG” frequented branch of PS?

:bigok:

I wasn’t pushing for donations… just letting you know that we do have ‘limited’ access forums… it’s some more off-topic with less BS… and some other ‘specialty’ forums too! :wink: :boink

cant buy your way into OG-ism… kinda just happens :smiley:

:zzz:

Short and to the point… 6/10:steelers:

pittspeed r0xorz!!

Where the fucks ur asian ass been?:stick:

i dont consider myself a OG nor do I think anyone else does. eveyones a no0b at one point, its just how you deal with it.