Plasti-Dip entire car?

seems very durable http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_feTobBLcfQ

For someone who has a new car and is concerned with re-sale value, this product is ideal as you can put it on, enjoy the car the way you like it. Then peel it off when your over it or need to sell it. No one wants to buy a 2010 golf that was just sprayed bombed. A good product for situations such as that.

Dan

Out of curiosity, how many coats though?

they say 4-6 i believe

if you spray your car with that stuff… i would have to assume that you ve been smoking crack…

just repaint them man… it cost to be the boss.

^^ i didnt see that sandblast video before. interesting

i also agree with this. wouldnt use it as an actual paint job. could see maybe changing rim color for a short time etc.

yeah i saw the vid with the dude dippin’ his audi, looked good, not the best, but for a side project car, I think I want to take a shot at it…

I’m gonna give the matt white or grey a try. Only 220+ shipping for the pro kit. Plus they have dealer in Montreal for us Canadians

cant wait to see pics!!

Should double check if it comes with the spray gun. Someone else on another forum (JDMR), e-mailed the Canadian dealer and said they couldn’t get their hands on the spray gun to package, and that you had to go to home depot yourself.

Yea i just got the email. They want 125 for gallon of the paint and i have to grab the gun at homedepot for 110 :(. worth the try for only 250ish

Yeah definitely worth it. I’ve just always had trouble finding things in stock at Home Depot. Let us know how it goes :slight_smile: I really wanna do this summer, no point in spending a few grand in paint on a car that already looks like poop and that will probably hit walls and things learning lol.

my fenders were coated with “rocker guard” before, then i got tired of it. the previous owner of the fenders filled in the body lines and stuff with bondo, so i stripped everything off…

and tried out the plastidip…

blah blah blah overspray on tires… BUT
now im going to do the whole car in plastidip…
Jeff if you like it, try it out. if not, Peel it and paint it properly…

dope, this is definitely going happen to my verts wheels for those murdered out moments.

lol you couldnt have thrown a bag or something over your tire? thats the man i know and love!

I love how he goes into so much care and uses 100 rolls of tape on the body but doesnt care about the tires lol

How old is that now? how has it stood up?

take more pics in the sun is it kinda glossy?

Definetely would not use this shit… there are soooo many vinyl variations now its ridiculous. Gloss, satin, matte, brushed metal (aluminum, titanium etc… looks u name it, colored blue too), and in all sorts of colors… Including variations of carbon fiber, different 3d patterns, different looks (dry/wet/etc…) and they are all very very realistic…

why the heck would you wana dip ur car in what looks like a spray paint job from crappy tire…

meh, i wanted to try it out and see… what color is YOUR car? and how is YOUR car’s paint quality as of RIGHT NOW?

nah bro, too lazy… just do it and and see if you like it.

whats ~$250 to a balla like you, please remind me?

it doesnt come out glossy, it has a matte finish to it…

its recent, like last week recent… so far so good though =D