Is it me, or do Plasti-Dipped cars look like shit?

Still looks good on high end cars?
Looks like shit and the trend is dead?
Discuss.

Some look great, especially once they mix them.

Classic black gets old, it’s the new “primer” however there are plenty of good looking candy like colors.

I like it for the protection aspect of it. I was cleaning my bike yesterday and found a ton of little scratches in the paint and almost cried. I’m thinking of dipping both fenders and the tank for a couple reasons.

1. To protect the rest of the paint.
  2. To give me a ‘quick and dirty’ change of color to more of a flat black
  3. I can experiment with different air brushing ideas and if I screw up I can just peel it off… lol

I think it’s as rice as underglow. Little bit here and there is fine, I just don’t like entire cars. Plenty of cars on the web look great, but up close they all look sloppy. I haven’t seen anything local that’s nice I guess I’ll say

theres no good colors

blows

I did my wheels. Hides imperfections and brake dust nicely lol.

i would go with 3m paint defender over plastidip, its basically a spray on clear bra that lasts about a year then you peel it right off. also, it levels out nicely, so no orange peel look to it.

ok but its clear

soooo

not relevant

I think he is inferring that you can paint colors on top of it. ^

Plasti-dip = gay as fuck.

The trend was fucked from the moment it came to fruition. Cheap fucks and aerosol cans.

I personally like the white

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/970660_523391341050641_949351098_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/482590_516032331786542_1290271606_n.jpg

Not a fan of the teal in general, but in flat it looks alright.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/941317_521130721276703_695404443_n.jpg

Thinking about using it on my plastic trim because they don’t make white bumper/trim paint. That and I don’t know whether or not I’ll like it.

When it comes down to it, it has its uses and cars are one of them. Along the asme lines of Kenny really.

My neighbor plastic dipped a number of parts on his truck black. We noticed the other day that its getting pretty disgusting, bugs stick to it and stain and smudge and when its really hot out it gets almost tacky.

I wanted to hurry and finish the lexus and just dip it white so I could drive it some this summer but I can only imagine how much of a nightmare it would be to keep that white any sort of clean

All you do to clean it using a pressure washer. If you spray it on using the gun they provide in their kit it comes out pretty good. Out of rattle cans it looks like ass

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2

Its more faggoty than OP. That big bundle of sticks.

Gross.
People gotta stop trying to polish turds.

Acceptable on wheels, not entire cars.

Jim, member Dan’s hood? You 'member :rofl

I 'member.

It just looks like hell on a lot of cars. Like you’re paint needs to be buffed.

Even with the pearl/metalizer it looks fucked to me.

A guy up north I know had his WRX wagon done, said its great in the winter but its a pain in the ass to take off and he doesn’t even know if he’d do it again. For a quick color change on your high end car? Yea it’s ok. For your MKIII Jetta? Looks terrible.

Did it on my luggage rack. Then used my luggage rack. Now it’s fucked lol

I dont even like that shit on tools, what it was made for.